Forums

Heist 5.0.1 (possible spoilers within)

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Heist 5.0.1 (possible spoilers within)
Miah

Miah

3,690 posts

John mentioned in the iClip thread mention of a Heist 5.0.1.

As such, here is the obligatory thread.

Any thoughts?

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 31, 2007 2:33 am
wph

wph

Sky Pirate

1,591 posts

Link?

January 31, 2007 2:35 am
Miah

Miah

3,690 posts

http://macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2851&p=2

Scroll to post #42.

I did just say where it was...

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 31, 2007 2:51 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

It's a joke that John cracked. Seriously, you really didn't think he just announced another heist, did he? Chances are it's password protected so you couldn't get it even if you found the link.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

January 31, 2007 3:01 am
wph

wph

Sky Pirate

1,591 posts

Anyone check the link from the email?

January 31, 2007 4:20 am
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

You people are nuts! big_smile

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

January 31, 2007 4:39 am
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

If you convert the letters in "You people are nuts" into their numeric counterparts (a=1, b=2, c=3 etc.), you get the following IP address:

Then you have a few numbers left over, which I thought you should probably put after a slash, giving you:

159.107.162.47/1341720412186

Loading this webpage just gets a jpg image that says "The proof is in the pudding."  This is clearly a reference to Pudong International Airport in Shanghai, China.  Since I happen to LIVE in Shanghai, It's easy enough for me to run over there to check it out.

When I got there, I had to search around quite a bit, but finally I found a slip of paper in a garbage can that had something written on it in Chinese.  Translating into English I get "Meet Chen, 7 pm, Huating Hotel, Xuhui."

So I run over the the Huating Hotel and ask everyone in the lobby at 7 pm if they are Chen.  Finally, someone says yes.  I ask him "What's next for MacHeist 5.0.1?" in the best Chinese I can manage.  He PRETENDS he doesn't know what I am talking about, but I follow him when he leaves.  He stops at a magazine stand and browses one magazine.  AHA!  A clue!  I surreptitiously pick up the same magazine and flip through it.  On page 51 (5.0.1!) there is an ad with a website address:  http://shop33171731.taobao.com/

I rush back home and load this web page.  It is an auction site for a store in Shanghai called Jim Dandies.  I load their main website, www.jimdandies.com.  It's just a store website.  But then I get an idea and load www.jimdandies.com/macheist and it's PAYDIRT!!!  Oh, yeah!

Turning GREEN waiting for the bundle!

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

January 31, 2007 6:24 am
wph

wph

Sky Pirate

1,591 posts

haha smile

January 31, 2007 12:15 pm
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

dantini wrote:

If you convert the letters in "You people are nuts" into their numeric counterparts (a=1, b=2, c=3 etc.), you get the following IP address:

Then you have a few numbers left over, which I thought you should probably put after a slash, giving you:

Loading this webpage just gets a jpg image that says "The proof is in the pudding."  This is clearly a reference to Pudong International Airport in Shanghai, China.  Since I happen to LIVE in Shanghai, It's easy enough for me to run over there to check it out.

When I got there, I had to search around quite a bit, but finally I found a slip of paper in a garbage can that had something written on it in Chinese.  Translating into English I get "Meet Chen, 7 pm, Huating Hotel, Xuhui."

So I run over the the Huating Hotel and ask everyone in the lobby at 7 pm if they are Chen.  Finally, someone says yes.  I ask him "What's next for MacHeist 5.0.1?" in the best Chinese I can manage.  He PRETENDS he doesn't know what I am talking about, but I follow him when he leaves.  He stops at a magazine stand and browses one magazine.  AHA!  A clue!  I surreptitiously pick up the same magazine and flip through it.  On page 51 (5.0.1!) there is an ad with a website address:  http://shop33171731.taobao.com/

I rush back home and load this web page.  It is an auction site for a store in Shanghai called Jim Dandies.  I load their main website, www.jimdandies.com.  It's just a store website.  But then I get an idea and load www.jimdandies.com/macheist and it's PAYDIRT!!!  Oh, yeah!

Dude, you totally rock! i'm you'r official fan!

January 31, 2007 1:56 pm
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

dantini wrote:

LMFAO

I think we have a new candidate for Directorate...hasta la vista, Chiraag!

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

January 31, 2007 3:16 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Jesus, are we that desperate for some action?!

Website | Twitter

January 31, 2007 3:53 pm
pissenisse

pissenisse

Automaton Tech

from Sweden
348 posts

Really good story there dantini big_smile

Uselessness is good

January 31, 2007 4:25 pm

alej744

Sky Pirate

from Miami
1,813 posts

Warbrain wrote:

yes smile

January 31, 2007 10:21 pm
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

What, you think I made that up?  Didn't you check that last link?  big_smile

The directorate?!?  I'm so happy!  Until now, I've had no outlet for the bizarre, circuitous and intricate stories I like to write...  *CHOKE*  I'd like to thank the Academy -- I mean the Directorate, and all the little people who helped me get here, especially Mr. Chen....

I actually AM in Shanghai and OWN Jim Dandies, though.  If you're in Shanghai, mention this post to get a special discount at JIM DANDIES!  big_smile

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

February 1, 2007 8:06 am
cheezehog

cheezehog

Big Game Hunter

from The Gap
574 posts

hahahaha thats hilarious. @ your shamless plug: lawl lol

玩鬧

February 1, 2007 10:36 am
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

dantini wrote:

What, you think I made that up?  Didn't you check that last link?  big_smile

The directorate?!?  I'm so happy!  Until now, I've had no outlet for the bizarre, circuitous and intricate stories I like to write...  *CHOKE*  I'd like to thank the Academy -- I mean the Directorate, and all the little people who helped me get here, especially Mr. Chen....

I actually AM in Shanghai and OWN Jim Dandies, though.  If you're in Shanghai, mention this post to get a special discount at JIM DANDIES!  big_smile

Im your real fan! but im out of luck for now sad because i live far from Shangai.

February 1, 2007 11:21 am
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

I figured no one's gonna get mad at me for plugging a store all the way in Shanghai!  Heck, if you actually come in with a printout of this post, I'll GIVE you a FREE cheap acrylic keychain with a bug inside or an invisible ink UV marker with a UV LED light in the cap!  Your choice!!!  Who needs Heist 6 now???

I guess I'll be seeing quite a few of you soon...  big_smile

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

February 1, 2007 11:32 am
cheezehog

cheezehog

Big Game Hunter

from The Gap
574 posts

thats a generaous offer, but I doubt that I will fly out to Shanghai just for that hehe. I had a look on your site - nice! I like the postacard thingy, very swish smile

玩鬧

February 1, 2007 1:33 pm
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

dantini wrote:

I figured no one's gonna get mad at me for plugging a store all the way in Shanghai!  Heck, if you actually come in with a printout of this post, I'll GIVE you a FREE cheap acrylic keychain with a bug inside or an invisible ink UV marker with a UV LED light in the cap!  Your choice!!!  Who needs Heist 6 now???

I guess I'll be seeing quite a few of you soon...  big_smile

Actualy.... For most of us this cheap keychain will cost somewhere near 400$ or more big_smile. Because i live in ukraine and ticket to Shangai costs 300-350$ and plus hotel (50$  for one day in cheapest hotel in town) lol.

EDIT: Anybody tried to trace this IP?

February 1, 2007 1:35 pm
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

The IP I really did just make up.  I hope it's nothing important, or top secret!  Doesn't load here in China...

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

February 1, 2007 2:29 pm
onerythym

onerythym

Big Game Hunter

from SF
994 posts

dantini wrote:

The IP I really did just make up.  I hope it's nothing important, or top secret!  Doesn't load here in China...

yeah, i was gunna say.... good story but the IP doesnt match the a=1 b=2 code... hehe

Green Team 4Lyfe

February 1, 2007 2:45 pm
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

dantini wrote:

I also heard you have nice shitseeing (no offense, its engrish):D
http://www.syberpunk.com/images/engrish/signs2/shitseeing.jpg

February 1, 2007 4:26 pm
mybagofjems

mybagofjems

Automaton Tech

from Milwaukee
295 posts

Yes.

Warbrain wrote:

Buying 6 MH bundles for the needy

Home made avatars: RDF machine | Bug Zapper | Fortune Teller

February 1, 2007 6:26 pm
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

Here are two items from a restaurant here that I've gotten take-out food from:

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/benumbed.jpg

and

http://www.rahoi.com/images/blog/menu/everyformrape.jpg

The entire menu is simple bizarre in English, although it makes sense in Chinese...

Are these MacHeist 5.0.1 clues?  Mmmmmmmmmmmaybe?

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

February 2, 2007 2:50 am
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

Viva la Engrish! But i don't think heist 5.0.1 even exists.

February 3, 2007 8:27 am
onerythym

onerythym

Big Game Hunter

from SF
994 posts

it was a joke.

Green Team 4Lyfe

February 3, 2007 4:34 pm
jocnsoc

jocnsoc

Automaton Tech

from Weird New Jersey
128 posts

POMTLMAO!

that's effin' great.

February 3, 2007 4:54 pm
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

My saying that two lines of BAAAAAD English from a menu in Shanghai might be a cluse for Heist 5.0.1 was ALSO a joke, BTW...  wink

I know what LMAO is, but POMT is new to me...  Painting on my toes?  Peeling off my togs?  Pointing out my traits?  Pouncing on my turtle?  Hmm...  Could be a Heist clue!

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

February 4, 2007 1:50 am
jocnsoc

jocnsoc

Automaton Tech

from Weird New Jersey
128 posts

LOL

Pissing
On
My
Toes
Laughing
My
Ass
Off

also

Rolling
On
The
Floor
Pissing
On
My
Toes
Laughing
My
Ass
Off 

is a good one too

February 4, 2007 3:24 am
Cypy

Cypy

Big Game Hunter

704 posts

I may have mentioned before, but once you get them that big they start to sound like giant sneezes.

aah... aaah... aaaaahhh...
ROTFPOMTLMAO!!

...gesundheit

February 15, 2007 4:32 am
getthebiggem

getthebiggem

Automaton Tech

from Duluth, MN
251 posts

Warbrain wrote:

desperate doesn't quite describe us at the given time...more like crazy and/or suicidal...

It's sad how theAmazon is slowly falling apart.
I thought Phill died...
Avatar comps. of Leo Mancini (leomancini.net).

February 24, 2007 3:17 am

bigsim

Urchin

5 posts

getthebiggem wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

desperate doesn't quite describe us at the given time...more like crazy and/or suicidal...

Rabid, perhaps?

First post, w00t!

February 24, 2007 7:01 am
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Heist 5.0.1 (possible spoilers within)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?