Forums

A Question for the Directorate.... [Loot Spoiler]

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » A Question for the Directorate.... [Loot Spoiler]
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

...do we get to keep Safe Deposit after it's out of beta...

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

April 19, 2007 2:48 am
amfr

amfr

Big Game Hunter

543 posts

I would like to know this also.

April 19, 2007 2:52 am
shadownight

shadownight

Sky Pirate

from Montreal, Canada
1,567 posts

This spoils the loot. Added "Loot Spoiler" and moved to Backroom.

Back on my two feet

April 19, 2007 2:53 am
rtteachr

rtteachr

Automaton Tech

from someplace in Maryland
231 posts

I'd like to know the same thing. I can't find anything on the blog site.

Thank you MacHeist!

April 19, 2007 10:12 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

rtteachr wrote:

I'd like to know the same thing. I can't find anything on the blog site.

We're aiming to make Safe Deposit an integral part of your workflow while also making it a pleasure to use. Just come back soon - This blog will keep you updated on our progress and provide exclusive access to our betas.

Just like with iClip 4, the beta(s) aren't released yet. We'll probably get an email when they are. Unlike iClip however, I doubt we'll get a free pass for the 1.0 final (that'll be up for the devs to decide!).

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

April 19, 2007 10:51 am
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

Looks like the Directorate have multiple projects in the oven. Can't wait until another one's done.  smile

Oh, and I'm glad someone pointed out the olive site had an RSS feed - I almost missed it!  (Forgot to check)

Whistle while you work.  Patience is key.

April 19, 2007 1:14 pm
Ollie

Ollie

Tinkerer

from Albuquerque
23 posts

Beta testers will get a license, absolutely. We're working very hard on this app and will have more to preview in the next few days!

April 19, 2007 2:27 pm
pschorr

pschorr

Big Game Hunter

from Pittsburgh, PA
675 posts

Ollie wrote:

Beta testers will get a license, absolutely. We're working very hard on this app and will have more to preview in the next few days!

w00t!

This looks like it's going to be a great app.

thanks!

I have a twitter

April 19, 2007 2:30 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

Ollie wrote:

YAY! It looks good so far....
Also, I've noticed that you guys changed the date on the page from April 20th to April 18th....what could it mean?

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

April 19, 2007 2:34 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

Ollie wrote:

Sweet. 

The description sounds promising.  The main problem with "security apps" is exactly what you've identified.  Too hard to use, makes them seem "out of reach" or not worth the effort for the average user.  I'm looking forward to figuring out how this will work.  Will it just keep documents safe, or apps too?  I'm thinking something like Cha-Ching. 

I like the design of the little dock widget, though it looked like we could interact with the dial but no feedback when trying with the mouse.  smile

April 19, 2007 2:48 pm
DustinC

DustinC

Gearhead

from Ottawa, Canada
91 posts

How do I enter my code in so I can get the beta?!

D-Money

Photography

April 19, 2007 3:26 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

DustinC, have you done Heist 6 yet?

April 19, 2007 5:18 pm
coumerelli

coumerelli

Automaton Tech

118 posts

step wrote:

I think the question could be rephrased like this: "Where to I put my code in so I can get the beta?" -- hopefully not putting words in Dunstin's mouth.

That's my question anyway. I click on the "Redeem your coupon code now..." link and well, there's nowhere to put in a code. Ollie?

April 19, 2007 5:38 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

Read the link, people!  It tells you the answer when you go to the blog, but you have to actually read it!

April 19, 2007 6:14 pm
coumerelli

coumerelli

Automaton Tech

118 posts

step wrote:

Read the link, people!  It tells you the answer when you go to the blog, but you have to actually read it!

hmm...yeah. i read it. and there's no place to put in my code. the directions were - click the link -- put in your code -- now. so, since now is here, i'd like to put in my code. I think we've made an assumption based on what we were given to read. The assumption was that, hey! I get to involve myself in a beta program today by winning this loot! sweet! Simple misunderstanding - which presumes that I indeed "read it!"

Thanks, though step. roll

April 19, 2007 6:20 pm
DustinC

DustinC

Gearhead

from Ottawa, Canada
91 posts

coumerelli wrote:
step wrote:

I think the question could be rephrased like this: "Where to I put my code in so I can get the beta?" -- hopefully not putting words in Dunstin's mouth.

That's my question anyway. I click on the "Redeem your coupon code now..." link and well, there's nowhere to put in a code. Ollie?

Thats what I meant. wink

D-Money

Photography

April 19, 2007 7:48 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

I'm sorry.  I'm still not understanding what the confusion is, but obviously I didn't help.  sad

There's another thread where Ollie makes it clear that they are finishing up a beta, and that the heist winners will have the chance to get that beta in a few days.

In the meantime, you can subscribe to the website's feed, and I imagine there will be a new blog when there is something new to announce.

April 19, 2007 7:57 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

Ok, I went back and took another look.  By clicking the link (which you might notice HAS the code in it) you redeemed the beta coupon.  If you read the coupon closely it is pretty clear that you will get access to a WEBSITE, and SOON you will get access to a beta of the app (i.e. not right now, you have to wait). 

I hope that clears everything up.

April 19, 2007 8:03 pm
Ollie

Ollie

Tinkerer

from Albuquerque
23 posts

step wrote:

Ok, I went back and took another look.  By clicking the link (which you might notice HAS the code in it) you redeemed the beta coupon.  If you read the coupon closely it is pretty clear that you will get access to a WEBSITE, and SOON you will get access to a beta of the app (i.e. not right now, you have to wait). 

This is exactly right. I'm sorry if the description caused any confusion, but the coupon in the loot gives access to the page that tracks Safe Deposit development and will eventually have the beta for download.

April 19, 2007 9:57 pm
coumerelli

coumerelli

Automaton Tech

118 posts

step wrote:

Yes, thank you Watson! "It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it." wink

April 19, 2007 10:02 pm
bododavid

bododavid

Gearhead

from America
71 posts

so basically we just keep visiting the site everyday to see if we can download the beta yet?

Bundle referral link:
http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/17402/

April 19, 2007 10:18 pm

alej744

Sky Pirate

from Miami
1,813 posts

bododavid wrote:

so basically we just keep visiting the site everyday to see if we can download the beta yet?

It's very likely that there will be an e-mail. Also, the site has an RSS feed. Also, you will hear by word of mouth. Don't worry bout it.

April 20, 2007 12:06 am
Ollie

Ollie

Tinkerer

from Albuquerque
23 posts

There will be an email sent out for when the application itself is ready for delivery. But for now, please direct all of your questions about Safe Deposit to http://macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3674

April 20, 2007 8:06 am
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » A Question for the Directorate.... [Loot Spoiler]

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?