Forums

Do you smell skunk?

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Do you smell skunk?

unin5pired

Tinkerer

17 posts

So my money is that the dev in need of help is Boris666.  What should we do?

July 10, 2007 4:33 pm
spongbros

spongbros

Tinkerer

21 posts

A new free app has been announced: Linkinus, an advanced IRC client!

It seems that this is the "secret" app of the MacHeist bonus bundle, but FREE licenses are currently being given out to ANYONE, regardless of MacHeist membership. http://macheist.com/free

Just so we're absolutely clear, will people who've already purchased the bundle automatically receive the license?

July 10, 2007 8:37 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

The Bundle Customers seem to, from my understanding get free updates beyond 1.1.x (note that this should not be confused with a "Free Lifetime Upgrades"-type of shareware license).

The free loot license is only limited to 1.1.x.

So you could in theory sign up for a free license that you could give to a friend. While keeping the bundle license for yourself.

I'd like to see how this stacks up against Colloquy, which seems to be the reigning champ of Mac OS X IRC clients.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

July 10, 2007 8:45 pm
nlortz

nlortz

Gearhead

from CA
56 posts

Wow.  I should have checked this forum before I made the comments I did on the heist page.  Granted, those haven't showed up there, so maybe they weren't approved, but I still feel like a bit of pain.

I am also one of the folks that purchased the bundle through the heist page; though I don't think I have enough of a receipt to show that part of it.  Like many others, I got my codes for the 7 main apps right away, but haven't heard anything about the heist parts of it yet.  Sounds like I just need to be more patient.

Also, I was curious about the MacUpdate membership.  The normal macupdate bundle does not seem to include this, but it does say that the two friends you refer after purchasing can get it, if they buy the bundle.  The Heist bundle seems to state that it will include a 1 year macupdate bundle ($20) value.  Has anyone had this reflected yet?

Yes. My avatar needs a a little cleanup work.

July 10, 2007 10:10 pm
spongbros

spongbros

Tinkerer

21 posts

Right; just got my loot email. It links you to a page where you can claim your bonus apps - and yes, Linkinus is included. It also hints that there may be more coming our way later this week...

Excellent work MacHeist, keep it up!

July 10, 2007 10:22 pm
nlortz

nlortz

Gearhead

from CA
56 posts

Hoorah!

I got my plunder email as I was writing the post above.  I need to work on my patience!

keep up the good work.

-Scapegoat

July 10, 2007 10:48 pm
bisley

bisley

Gearhead

from Malaga City
71 posts

im with nlortz, what about the 1 year macupdate membership? i though that it was included in the bundle.

Referral Achievement: 2 / 2 Thank you, buddys!
Go! Greeneisters! Go!

July 10, 2007 10:55 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

You'll still need to do some waiting:

"Your details have been sent to the developers and you should receive your registration codes within a day."

Marathon Forever.

July 10, 2007 10:59 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

I bought mine late last night - I did bite on it - so I guess I'll have my bonus apps tonight or tomorrow morning.

Website | Twitter

July 10, 2007 11:58 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Huh. So what pushed you over the edge, Warbrain?

Marathon Forever.

July 11, 2007 12:13 am

Dragon

Tinkerer

22 posts

Waiting on email here too, and hoping it turns up, my purchase went a bit wonky, no macupdate account registered due to wrong password it seems, but I got the reg emails, and I briefly saw the purchased page, definately went though link here.

July 11, 2007 12:17 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

rampancy wrote:

Huh. So what pushed you over the edge, Warbrain?

It was all the apps available through the MacHeist part of the deal plus the paid membership to MacUpdate and the early access to the next skunkworks.  It was a whole lot of programs for 50 dollars...

Website | Twitter

July 11, 2007 12:50 am
bisley

bisley

Gearhead

from Malaga City
71 posts

Warbrain, you bought the bundle with an invite? with the coupon link is the only way to get 1 year membership. mupromo.com change the text.

"Free $20 Membership: After you purchase, you will be given two invite coupons. Your friends (not you) get a free $20 MacUpdate Membership when they buy the bundle using the coupon link. The form to send out the coupons is currently only on the top of the receipt page, above all of the serial numbers. Make sure you utilize it right away."

Referral Achievement: 2 / 2 Thank you, buddys!
Go! Greeneisters! Go!

July 11, 2007 1:02 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

bisley wrote:

Warbrain, you bought the bundle with an invite? with the coupon link is the only way to get 1 year membership. mupromo.com change the text.

"Free $20 Membership: After you purchase, you will be given two invite coupons. Your friends (not you) get a free $20 MacUpdate Membership when they buy the bundle using the coupon link. The form to send out the coupons is currently only on the top of the receipt page, above all of the serial numbers. Make sure you utilize it right away."

You probably don't have access to the skunkworks page...

Website | Twitter

July 11, 2007 1:19 am
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

Yay! Free loot! I hope they give more to the poor smile...
Just waiting for my v1.1 license, this is good advertising, give away 1 license for 1 version. Even better deal cause 1.1 came out 2 days ago.

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

July 11, 2007 2:44 am

Fantomfreq

Urchin

6 posts

Woo... make sure you guys who have yet to receive your 'bonus' loot emails check your spam boxes. Freaking Gmail put my email in there.....

July 11, 2007 4:28 am
alhooter

alhooter

Tinkerer

44 posts

damn nothing in my spam box.  did anyone else pay via paypal?   the email i got to confirm the purchase calls the bundle "MacUpdate LLC".   I have this horrible feeling when I chose paypal something went wrong.

July 11, 2007 6:55 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

It was in my GMail spam box, but now it's all taken care of...

Website | Twitter

July 11, 2007 9:45 am
Libb

Libb

Gearhead

from New York
54 posts

I paid with PayPal and haven't gotten anything yet, including when I checked my spam filter in my Gmail...

I only bought the bundle because of the additional MacHeist extras, so if I don't get them, I'll be a bit ticked off...

July 11, 2007 12:15 pm
alhooter

alhooter

Tinkerer

44 posts

Same here Libb. except for Cocktail and Intaglio, those  I wanted.

July 11, 2007 12:37 pm
alexLU

alexLU

Urchin

from Luzern - Switzerland
2 posts

do anyone knows where to get the bundle ?

July 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Esquare

Urchin

4 posts

alhooter wrote:

damn nothing in my spam box.  did anyone else pay via paypal?   the email i got to confirm the purchase calls the bundle "MacUpdate LLC".   I have this horrible feeling when I chose paypal something went wrong.

Yes, I paid with PayPal and it also showed "MacUpdate LLC". The Loot pickup mail arrived just now.

July 11, 2007 2:00 pm
spongbros

spongbros

Tinkerer

21 posts

Received a Linkinus license, but it's for the 1.1 version. The strange thing is I didn't actually put my name down for a free license. However, it does say on the Plunder page "test drive the free loot offer", so maybe we'll get a 1.1 license AND the full license later on. In the mean time, I'll respond to the license email (as they tell you to do if there's something wrong with the license) and report any further developments.

EDIT: Exces license received.

EDIT AGAIN: Full Linkinus license received. "If you received a Linkinus 1.1 License earlier, please disregard it. This is the full 1.x license you should be using. Please keep this email for future reference. Thank you."

July 11, 2007 2:56 pm

yankees26

Urchin

6 posts

I just got the MH Directorate email, I can't wait for the emails from the devs with the licenses.

July 11, 2007 4:02 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Got my full Linkus license too. Nothing else yet though.

Marathon Forever.

July 11, 2007 5:07 pm
nlortz

nlortz

Gearhead

from CA
56 posts

got free Linkius, and full.  also got browseback.  still waiting on exes or whatever its called.

July 11, 2007 8:06 pm

nptacek

Tinkerer

29 posts

It's now been 48 hours since I ordered the bundle.  I used the heist link.  I have a gmail address, but I've been religiously checking my spam filter, and still haven't received the directorate e-mail.  Could one of the admins please contact me to get this straightened out?

July 11, 2007 8:25 pm

Zettt

Tinkerer

13 posts

Me too!

July 11, 2007 9:44 pm

kenny_garlic

Urchin

3 posts

Same here.

Now I´m unsure whether the directorate is taking their due time or whether there was a problem with the referer-link - as there is no trace anywhere of me having ordered the "heist-MU-bundle" instead of just the MU-bundle :-(

I, too, would appreciate directorial assistance on this issue.

July 11, 2007 10:28 pm
Cypy

Cypy

Big Game Hunter

704 posts

Fantomfreq wrote:

Woo... make sure you guys who have yet to receive your 'bonus' loot emails check your spam boxes. Freaking Gmail put my email in there.....

Oh my god!!! Thank you soooo much!

July 11, 2007 11:13 pm
chewy5000

chewy5000

Sky Pirate

from Terra Australis
1,174 posts

For all those who seem to be unclear:

To buy the bundle, follow this link, and while you're their, read it all
http://macheist.com/macupdate

You are buying the MacUpdate bundle through MacHeist
You will get an email from MacUpdate first about their 10 apps, then sometime later you will recieve an email from MacHeist about their apps.
Check your Spam

mmm... Extra chewy

July 12, 2007 2:10 am

nptacek

Tinkerer

29 posts

chewy5000,
I think most of us posting about not having received the email from MacHeist realize that we did things correctly, and haven't received our directorate emails for some reason.  I've been trying to get ahold of the MacHeist crew for 16 hours today, and have not received any support at all.  I've tried posting messages here, in the blog, as well as chatting in the IRC channel and private messages to Directorate members in IRC.  Most of us are just looking for a response from the Directorate informing us of the status of the emails.  If we have to wait longer, so be it, but some sort of official response is what we're looking for.

Edit:  Just to clarify, I purchased my bundle 55 hours ago, used the heist link, and have been checking my spam filter.

July 12, 2007 2:52 am
alhooter

alhooter

Tinkerer

44 posts

I ended up getting mine today.  Looking forward to dev emails now.  Browseback looks like fun.

July 12, 2007 3:02 am

Zettt

Tinkerer

13 posts

I haven't got mine too. Bought the Bundle Monday on Midnight (Central European Time). It's been round 48 hours till then.

I start getting worried. Sorry. sad

woops forgot to say. I got browseback and Linkinus yesterday.

July 12, 2007 4:39 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Just got Browseback not too long ago. Exces too. Interesting stuff. Be careful though - if you set it to archive a lot of your browser's history it can gobble up huge amounts of RAM and drive space.

Marathon Forever.

July 12, 2007 5:47 am
chewy5000

chewy5000

Sky Pirate

from Terra Australis
1,174 posts

nptacek wrote:

chewy5000,
I think most of us posting about not having received the email from MacHeist realize that we did things correctly, and haven't received our directorate emails for some reason.  I've been trying to get ahold of the MacHeist crew for 16 hours today, and have not received any support at all.  I've tried posting messages here, in the blog, as well as chatting in the IRC channel and private messages to Directorate members in IRC.  Most of us are just looking for a response from the Directorate informing us of the status of the emails.  If we have to wait longer, so be it, but some sort of official response is what we're looking for.

Edit:  Just to clarify, I purchased my bundle 55 hours ago, used the heist link, and have been checking my spam filter.

Some were asking about the complexities of the bundle itself, and there were quite a few asking about the email situation.
I just wanted to clear things up, I didn't mean to appear rude.

mmm... Extra chewy

July 12, 2007 10:02 am

nptacek

Tinkerer

29 posts

I spoke with Phill Ryu and he was able to straighten things out for me.  Just received my Directorate e-mail!

July 12, 2007 8:22 pm
chewy5000

chewy5000

Sky Pirate

from Terra Australis
1,174 posts

Little Snitch is unlocked!

mmm... Extra chewy

July 13, 2007 3:09 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Someone on the MUP page mentioned that at this rate, we'll probably get to Intaglio by the time it's over. TTP is unlikely.

Marathon Forever.

July 13, 2007 3:21 am

Zettt

Tinkerer

13 posts

Me too. I think 9.999 people are just not possible. The meter keeps climbing up but, not fast enough to reach the 9.999 mark in that period of time i think.

BTW
Does anybody else still haven't got the serials for those "special MacHeist Apps"? (e.g. Pixelmator, Flow and the other App)

July 13, 2007 3:49 am

kenny_garlic

Urchin

3 posts

Yeah, I have no eMail from directorate@... and subsequently, none of the extra stuff that I was supposed to get by buying with the ?buy=heist - referer :-(

===

edit:

scrap that, I, too, received one of the infamous "sorry for the late sending"-eMails just now :-) me = happy camper!

July 13, 2007 10:59 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Zettt wrote:

Does anybody else still haven't got the serials for those "special MacHeist Apps"? (e.g. Pixelmator, Flow and the other App)

The serials for Exces, Browseback and the 1.x serial for Linkinus are out now - I've got all of mine (but then again I bought relatively early). Both Pixelmator and Flow are both still in development - the betas aren't released yet.

After what happened with Safe Deposit, I'm really hoping they come through with those betas.

Marathon Forever.

July 13, 2007 12:59 pm

Esquare

Urchin

4 posts

I received Browseback and Linkinus the day before yesterday, but still no sign of Exces...

July 13, 2007 6:18 pm
alhooter

alhooter

Tinkerer

44 posts

i got exces and browseback, still waiting on full linkinus.

July 13, 2007 6:51 pm
nlortz

nlortz

Gearhead

from CA
56 posts

im with esquared.

Got Linkius the other day, and Browseback the day before; but nothing for exces

July 13, 2007 8:17 pm

Zettt

Tinkerer

13 posts

Well, today i got an email which asks me reserve a seat for "Flow".

BTW.
I think this time we will hardly get Intaglio but TechTool is unreachable. By now there are about 3000 customers who bought the bundle and only 3 days are left sad

July 14, 2007 6:47 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

I'm starting to agree with some other posters on the MUP page: Joel set the targets a little too high (perhaps 3500 for Intaglo and 4500-5000 for TTP). Or probably lower. What made the MacHeist bundle work was that there was (a) the charity angle, and (b) the previous buzz built up from the earlier heists.

Maybe next time a charitable contribution would be nice to see, and not just purely for sales - but also because it's always nice to see some charity benefit from a bundle sale.

Marathon Forever.

July 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Esquare

Urchin

4 posts

Esquare wrote:

I received Browseback and Linkinus the day before yesterday, but still no sign of Exces...

Follow-up: Exces received also!

July 15, 2007 11:26 am
Davrizio

Davrizio

Tinkerer

from Orlando Fl
17 posts

I still haven't received the e-mail from the directorate yet... I bought the bundle on Tuesday so it seems like it should have been here by now... checked my junk mail box as well and no luck...

I've emailed the Directorate a couple times and no luck...

should I try something else or are there still people out there who haven't received "The Email" ?

July 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Zettt

Tinkerer

13 posts

rampancy wrote:

I'm starting to agree with some other posters on the MUP page: Joel set the targets a little too high (perhaps 3500 for Intaglo and 4500-5000 for TTP). Or probably lower. What made the MacHeist bundle work was that there was (a) the charity angle, and (b) the previous buzz built up from the earlier heists.

Maybe next time a charitable contribution would be nice to see, and not just purely for sales - but also because it's always nice to see some charity benefit from a bundle sale.

I absolutely agree with your opinion. sad
Maybe next time.
I will buy any bundle again wink

BTW i STILL haven't got my Exces Serial!
What's wrong?

July 15, 2007 9:15 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Do you smell skunk?

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?