Forums

PLEASE

Finney

Finney

Automaton Tech

from Montreal
161 posts

OK, no offense to the newbs... but just about everything here HAS been covered. Check the Front, and especially the Backroom for theories. I know the search isn't great and all, but please - look. big_smile

Thanks!

November 8, 2006 10:38 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

THANK YOU!
Finally someone says that!!

OOPPPS! Wait......I'm a newb......

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

November 8, 2006 10:39 pm
xlax999999

xlax999999

Tinkerer

13 posts

I second that.  It is especially annoying with flamboyantly titled threads saying something along the lines of "LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!"  It takes two seconds to search.

November 8, 2006 10:41 pm
philnewts

philnewts

Gearhead

70 posts

There was a post on this already I wish you guys would read before you post ---

Just kidding smile

"Open for business"

November 8, 2006 10:43 pm
wph

wph

Sky Pirate

1,591 posts

I agree, look right now at how many "I WANT THE FIRST HEIST TO START" threads there are.

November 8, 2006 10:59 pm
attabui

attabui

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta, GA, USA
286 posts

Definetheline, you're an MDA veteran, you're no noob.

...too close for missiles.  I'm switching to guns.

November 8, 2006 11:01 pm
diordna

diordna

Automaton Tech

from Cincinnati, Ohio
403 posts

I did, in fact, post a thread saying exactly this...YESTERDAY. But I said it nicer.

Use the search feature yourself.

Maybe I hate everything. Or maybe I just hate you.

November 8, 2006 11:04 pm
siriusfox

siriusfox

Gearhead

from Western Washington
94 posts

Is it worth anyones time to post things. I very often start a post then half way through decide it won't add enough for it to be worth it.

Things to consider before posting.
#1 Always do atleast two searches before posting a new thread. Ods are that it has been coverd, and if it's old it may not be on the first page.
#2 Am I adding anything useful by posting this commend/thread.
#3 Posting "Tick Tock", the time, "WHERE IS IT", or anything of that nature won't make things go faster.

November 8, 2006 11:04 pm
wph

wph

Sky Pirate

1,591 posts

I hardly ever start new threads.
I'm have one of the highest post counts, but it comes from commenting on threads, not starting useless ones.

I think thats the best way.
It's not useful to start a "new" topic if what you want to say fits in on an existing one.

November 8, 2006 11:17 pm
diordna

diordna

Automaton Tech

from Cincinnati, Ohio
403 posts

The problem is, people keep thinking they have something new which hasn't been said before and fail to use the search feature.

Maybe I hate everything. Or maybe I just hate you.

November 8, 2006 11:18 pm

Thenomain

Gearhead

95 posts

diordna wrote:

The problem is, people keep thinking they have something new which hasn't been said before and fail to use the search feature.

By the time I've used the search feature, there are around five to fifteen new posts.  So many people are so busy trying to say something that you either need to stick your foot out or just sit back and watch.

You?

November 8, 2006 11:21 pm
BenRose3d

BenRose3d

Automaton Tech

from Charleston, SC
291 posts

Another problem is, nobody seems to want to delete their thread.  It is possible.  It has been done.  I promise, it will work. smile

November 8, 2006 11:22 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

attabui wrote:

Definetheline, you're an MDA veteran, you're no noob.

Thanks attabui! You make me feel accepted! smile

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

November 8, 2006 11:25 pm
azande

azande

Tinkerer

from Edinburgh, UK
29 posts

Thenomain wrote:
diordna wrote:

By the time I've used the search feature, there are around five to fifteen new posts.  So many people are so busy trying to say something that you either need to stick your foot out or just sit back and watch.

You?

I prefer to just sit back and watch/read

::Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity::

[img]http://leomancini.net/other_images/logos/macheistVIP/light.png[/img]  [img]http://leomancini.net/other_images/logos/macheistVIP/dark.png[/img]

November 8, 2006 11:26 pm
onerythym

onerythym

Big Game Hunter

from SF
994 posts

hey guys!  guess what i just found!  click the dynomite!!!!!!!!

jk

Green Team 4Lyfe

November 8, 2006 11:37 pm
dustinmcneal

dustinmcneal

Tinkerer

from Nashville, TN
39 posts

onerythym wrote:

hey guys!  guess what i just found!  click the dynomite!!!!!!!!

jk

Ha, ha. I was just about to say something to the tune of: "Hey you guys! I just found a code I think we're supposed to do something with!" But hey, you beat me. But seriously, it does kinda suck going through threads about the same crap, but I'll always sift through not wanting to miss anything. I know it's only been days in, but maybe it warrants a clean up.

November 8, 2006 11:51 pm
stephen

stephen

Tinkerer

42 posts

Yeah, a minute of searching is all it takes to check what you're about to post to make sure it hasn't been posted.

November 9, 2006 1:06 am
Judman

Judman

Gearhead

52 posts

For your enjoyment, and for the staff:

Posts about the message on the match:

About the latest note:

About the heist that is supposed to be going on...:
[url=]http://macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30811[/url]

This is ridiculous.

Blog

November 9, 2006 1:21 am
xlax999999

xlax999999

Tinkerer

13 posts

Thanks Judman.

November 9, 2006 1:33 am
Ænima

Ænima

Sky Pirate

from Michigan
1,304 posts

Unfortunately no one is going to pay attention to this thread other than those that already use the search function. It's extremely frustrating because I, like many of you, am pretty into this whole thing. Which means I tend to look at almost each and every thread. Which means I waste an ungodly amount of time. Bah, as much as I wish it weren't true I don't think there is any fixing this problem.

"It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."
- Albert Einstein

November 9, 2006 1:38 am
xlax999999

xlax999999

Tinkerer

13 posts

diordna wrote:

I did, in fact, post a thread saying exactly this...YESTERDAY. But I said it nicer.

Use the search feature yourself.

Where is that thread? 
The only two threads that I see you have started are:
http://macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=164 and
http://macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=227

Are you telling a joke or did I miss your thread?

November 9, 2006 1:39 am

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?