BERLIN UPDATE

Monique

Monique

Staff

from MacHeist HQ
9 posts

Agents:

We have contact from the mole:

I have been attempting to ring you in Berlin for the last twenty minutes with no success.  I see that this is another failure to communicate on your part.  You are supposedly the best, I expect you to act like it.

I will provide you with a fallback plan just this once.  Several weeks ago I provided you with a cellular telephone.  I will call it at 21:00 ET.  I will only ring it once.  Do not fail me again.

Monique

January 4, 2008 1:27 pm
BrutusD

BrutusD

Urchin

7 posts

oh mann, this is so sad.

In the end everything will be fine.
If it's not fine yet, its not the end.

January 4, 2008 1:33 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

I tried my best here in Frankfurt

January 4, 2008 1:36 pm
zelsyus

zelsyus

Gearhead

from de
81 posts

Verdammt! ;-(

January 4, 2008 1:36 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

Monique wrote:

Agents:

I will provide you with a fallback plan just this once.  Several weeks ago I provided you with a cellular telephone.  I will call it at 21:00 ET.  I will only ring it once.  Do not fail me again.

Which phone is meant here?

January 4, 2008 1:38 pm
roos

roos

Automaton Tech

from Minnesota
287 posts

Chicago?

Aym

Psyched to be back for MacHeist 4!

Retina MacBook Pro | iPad 2 | iPhone 4S

thekryz

thekryz

Gearhead

from Germany, Deutschland, Alemania
93 posts

zorkstar wrote:
Monique wrote:

Agents:

Which phone is meant here?

I think it was the first RL-Heist

The gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.

jocnsoc

jocnsoc

Automaton Tech

from Weird New Jersey
128 posts

Hope the phone is charged, plug it in!

January 4, 2008 1:41 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

let down by Germans again

I'm feeling old

January 4, 2008 1:41 pm

erasure

Tinkerer

from New York
31 posts

Ah, come on... let's not be bigoted. We're all AppleGeeks here!

January 4, 2008 1:45 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

Who has this phone?

January 4, 2008 1:46 pm
zelsyus

zelsyus

Gearhead

from de
81 posts

zorkstar wrote:

Who has this phone?

I'm still searching all the files of the MH2 I've saved on my disks here...
But nothing yet.

January 4, 2008 1:47 pm
CrazyMango

CrazyMango

Tinkerer

32 posts

zorkstar wrote:

Who has this phone?

Was it WarBrain?

Big thanks to whoever purchased via my link! You Rock!

January 4, 2008 1:48 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

artist-illustrator.net wrote:

let down by Germans again

Well said my uk friend. Warm regards from Germany. Do you know the song. Why can we be friends by teh mighty mighty bosdtones?

January 4, 2008 1:48 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

Found this by using the search function Warbrain:
"We got the phone. We got pictures of him. we're off to millenium park".

Who can contact WarBrain

January 4, 2008 1:52 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

CrazyMango wrote:
zorkstar wrote:

Who has this phone?

Was it WarBrain?

I don't have it.  Someone else took it.  We'll see if he gets a call on it.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 1:52 pm
CrazyMango

CrazyMango

Tinkerer

32 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Hopefully it's still charged...

Big thanks to whoever purchased via my link! You Rock!

January 4, 2008 2:13 pm

Asmus

Urchin

1 posts

Damn it! Why do I have to live in Berlin and check the MH-Site at 15:12 !!! Damn!!!!!!!!
Gosh, I really shouldn´t have decided to work today... Sorry, Folks.

January 4, 2008 2:15 pm
ptoal

ptoal

Automaton Tech

from Ontario, Canada
216 posts

It was pretty short notice for the folks in germany, especially if you un-installed the HeistAgent because it was doing flaky things to your system.  I think the original message was posted around 05:00 UTC, which I think works out to about 6AM in Berlin.  I can see how that might not be enough time for people that work for a living. :-)

Cheers,
Wolf

In theory, theory and practice are the same, in practice, they are not.

January 4, 2008 2:23 pm
zelsyus

zelsyus

Gearhead

from de
81 posts

Asmus wrote:

Damn it! Why do I have to live in Berlin and check the MH-Site at 15:12 !!! Damn!!!!!!!!
Gosh, I really shouldn´t have decided to work today... Sorry, Folks.

Yep! That's live...
I couldn't reach a friend in Berlin either.

If it would've been in Stuttgart I could have reached the call.

January 4, 2008 2:23 pm
zaydia

zaydia

Automaton Tech

from Washington, DC
224 posts

Warbrain wrote:
CrazyMango wrote:
zorkstar wrote:

Who has this phone?

Was it WarBrain?

Do you know who it is and can you contact them somehow in case they don't see the forums today?

All's quiet in the Amazon.

January 4, 2008 2:24 pm
steff2068

steff2068

Urchin

8 posts

I just returned from work and got the info about the phonecall in Berlin - Kurfürstendamm - but its now 15:24 - maybe the fallback plan can be altered and the call can be postponed to 16:00 ?
It would be possible for me to get there in 10 minutes...

greetings from Berlin !

January 4, 2008 2:26 pm
zelsyus

zelsyus

Gearhead

from de
81 posts

zaydia wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
CrazyMango wrote:

Was it WarBrain?

Do you know who it is and can you contact them somehow in case they don't see the forums today?

Yep. Think so too. A good idea...

January 4, 2008 2:27 pm
zelsyus

zelsyus

Gearhead

from de
81 posts

ptoal wrote:

especially if you un-installed the HeistAgent because it was doing flaky things to your system.

It's only messaging me if I start it manually...

January 4, 2008 2:30 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

zaydia wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
CrazyMango wrote:

Was it WarBrain?

The only way I'd be able to get a hold of him is through the IRC and I don't know if he'll be on today or not.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 2:35 pm
lbtori

lbtori

Tinkerer

from Bristol - UK
10 posts

What's the username of whoever has the phone?
Assuming it's a macheister it might be worth more than one person knowing who it is in case anyone sees him on IRC/forums/etc...

HI FLOOR! MAKE ME SAMMICH!

January 4, 2008 2:40 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

lbtori wrote:

What's the username of whoever has the phone?
Assuming it's a macheister it might be worth more than one person knowing who it is in case anyone sees him on IRC/forums/etc...

I don't have his forum user name.  His IRC name is mav728.  I'll be there keeping tabs but help is always welcomed.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 2:42 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

steff2068 wrote:

I just returned from work and got the info about the phonecall in Berlin - Kurfürstendamm - but its now 15:24 - maybe the fallback plan can be altered and the call can be postponed to 16:00 ?

greetings from Berlin !

What about this ? Directorate can you contact the Mole and beg for a second chance in Berlin?

January 4, 2008 3:01 pm
thekryz

thekryz

Gearhead

93 posts

zorkstar wrote:
steff2068 wrote:

greetings from Berlin !

What about this ? Directorate can you contact the Mole and beg for a second chance in Berlin?

1600 is already over now in Germany wink We have 16:08.

January 4, 2008 3:10 pm
zorkstar

zorkstar

Tinkerer

from Germany
23 posts

thekryz wrote:
zorkstar wrote:
steff2068 wrote:

greetings from Berlin !

Sehr witzig. Aber vielleicht kann der Agent aus BER ja auch ein bischen später. Ist ja erstmal die Frage, ob Mr. Mole da noch mal anrufen will/wird. Ich denke ja nicht, so dass man mal wieder auf unsere Freunde aus den USA bauen muss. Gelle. Gruß aus FRA

January 4, 2008 3:13 pm
smcc12

smcc12

Tinkerer

from Minneapolis, MN
22 posts

Sehr witzig. Aber vielleicht kann der Agent aus BER ja auch ein bischen später. Ist ja erstmal die Frage, ob Mr. Mole da noch mal anrufen will/wird. Ich denke ja nicht, so dass man mal wieder auf unsere Freunde aus den USA bauen muss. Gelle. Gruß aus FRA

Very funny. But perhaps the agent from BER even a bit later. If yes to the first question, whether because Mr. Mole will again call /. I do not think so, so you once again to our friends from the United States must build. Gelle. Greetings from FRA

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

January 4, 2008 3:18 pm
thekryz

thekryz

Gearhead

93 posts

zorkstar wrote:
thekryz wrote:
zorkstar wrote:

(Very funny. But maybe the agent from Berlin can come a little later. The first question would be if Mr. Mole would call there again. I don't think so, guess we have to rely on our US friends there again. Right. Greetings from FRA)

Of course, if our German Agent could be there later.. but you don't know that either. Wonder what happens if the mole calls the cellphone and noone answers tongue

January 4, 2008 3:19 pm
steff2068

steff2068

Urchin

8 posts

Hi - I am still in Berlin and ready to rush to the Telefonzelle...

January 4, 2008 3:24 pm
cenunez

cenunez

Gearhead

from Pennsylvania
56 posts

Warbrain,

You said that you gave the phone to mav728. Assuming that he is in the Chicago area, we have until 20:00 (8 pm) to get in touch with him and alert him to the incoming call.

Think Globally; Act Locally

January 4, 2008 3:37 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cenunez wrote:

Warbrain,

You said that you gave the phone to mav728. Assuming that he is in the Chicago area, we have until 20:00 (8 pm) to get in touch with him and alert him to the incoming call.

I don't think he's here anymore.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 3:40 pm
cenunez

cenunez

Gearhead

from Pennsylvania
56 posts

Warbrain wrote:
cenunez wrote:

Warbrain,

Where do you think he is?

January 4, 2008 3:42 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cenunez wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
cenunez wrote:

Warbrain,

Where do you think he is?

Not sure.  Never cared to ask.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 3:43 pm
ideola

ideola

Gearhead

71 posts

I get the impression that Warbrain doesn't think the inability to locate mav728 is a showstopper. Does he know more than he's letting on?

PURPLICIOUS!

January 4, 2008 4:22 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

ideola wrote:

I get the impression that Warbrain doesn't think the inability to locate mav728 is a showstopper. Does he know more than he's letting on?

Why would I know more than I'm letting on?  I'm as in the dark as all of you.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 4:25 pm
cenunez

cenunez

Gearhead

from Pennsylvania
56 posts

How does this sound, ideola, our moderator misplaces an important game piece and puts us all "in the dark" regarding 1 of 4 upcoming clues. Later when the 3 other clues come in and are shared, who might just be the only person who has the 4th clue? At this point I'm not sure we, or the Directorate, can trust one of our moderators, who has alreaady shown that he is reluctant to share info.

Monique, be careful!!

January 4, 2008 5:02 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cenunez wrote:

How does this sound, ideola, our moderator misplaces an important game piece and puts us all "in the dark" regarding 1 of 4 upcoming clues. Later when the 3 other clues come in and are shared, who might just be the only person who has the 4th clue? At this point I'm not sure we, or the Directorate, can trust one of our moderators, who has alreaady shown that he is reluctant to share info.

Monique, be careful!!

I don't have it.  He said he wanted it so I let him take it.  Leave me out of this.  I'm doing what I can to see if we can get a hold of him.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 5:06 pm
kresh

kresh

Gearhead

from Asheboro, NC
79 posts

Heh, maybe Berlin is just an indication of people's interest in MacHeist after some recent events?

Moderators calling customers thieves and whores, certain people hogging clues and not sharing, and who can forget the IRC issues.

Nobody showed up in Berlin to participate, now there's a shocker!

No I am not uploading a silly purple avatar.  Stop PM'ing me about it!

January 4, 2008 5:12 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

kresh wrote:

Heh, maybe Berlin is just an indication of people's interest in MacHeist after some recent events?

Moderators calling customers thieves and whores, certain people hogging clues and not sharing, and who can forget the IRC issues.

Nobody showed up in Berlin to participate, now there's a shocker!

Or maybe it's the fact that the ARG portions aren't really all that enjoyable?

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 5:13 pm
cenunez

cenunez

Gearhead

from Pennsylvania
56 posts

Hey Directorate, suggest that you use moderators who are enjoying what they're doing, and not screwing around with it for the rest, some of whom enjoy the ARG portions.

January 4, 2008 5:22 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cenunez wrote:

Hey Directorate, suggest that you use moderators who are enjoying what they're doing, and not screwing around with it for the rest, some of whom enjoy the ARG portions.

How am I screwing around with it for the rest?  He wanted the phone thinking that it wasn't going to be used again and that it was his souvenir.  Sorry that the Berlin members didn't come through, but we expected that the phone was done.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 5:26 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Warbrain wrote:
cenunez wrote:

How am I screwing around with it for the rest?  He wanted the phone thinking that it wasn't going to be used again and that it was his souvenir.  Sorry that the Berlin members didn't come through, but we expected that the phone was done.

There's no way that it could have been known that a cheapo cell phone would be needed for a future mission contingency plan. Let's be reasonable before we starte bashing other folks.

PM me | Twitter

January 4, 2008 5:29 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

cenunez wrote:

Let me guess: *you* want to be made a mod, right?

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

January 4, 2008 5:36 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

cenunez wrote:

And don't think that I don't like the ARG portions...I'm stating that a lot of members dislike them.

Website | Twitter

January 4, 2008 5:37 pm
cenunez

cenunez

Gearhead

from Pennsylvania
56 posts

Warbrain:  "we expected" - OK, so now it's "we" - who is "we"  I don't remember being asked about what to do with that phone.

Either it is a "WE" in this heist, or it's not. Sure it takes more time to communicate back and forth, but we wouldn't be here if we didn't have time.

Again, "we" are expecting 3 clues later today; the 4th clue is available to the person who has the phone; the last "we" person to have that phone was you, who has a blemished heist record and trust issues. You want "we" to think differently, it's up to you.

January 4, 2008 5:39 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

cenunez wrote:

Warbrain:  "we expected" - OK, so now it's "we" - who is "we"  I don't remember being asked about what to do with that phone.

Either it is a "WE" in this heist, or it's not. Sure it takes more time to communicate back and forth, but we wouldn't be here if we didn't have time.

Again, "we" are expecting 3 clues later today; the 4th clue is available to the person who has the phone; the last "we" person to have that phone was you, who has a blemished heist record and trust issues. You want "we" to think differently, it's up to you.

That is incorrect. He wasn't the one who kept the phone (which, again, was an arbitrary keepsake after the Philly ARG heist anyway). The WE he spoke of was the Philly heist team.

Calm down, buddy. You're not helping.

PM me | Twitter

January 4, 2008 5:43 pm

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?