Forums

ATTENTION: Calling all agents in Berlin, NYC, Dallas, San Fran!

MacHeist Forums » Directorate Communiqués » ATTENTION: Calling all agents in Berlin, NYC, Dallas, San Fran!
chrisl

chrisl

Urchin

9 posts

mjweb, dtl enough already. Anybody getting anywhere with the cootie catcher. I've noticed that the words in the centre include bat and ball, rack with pinion, for of. No idea what it means but a car's use a rack and pinion arrangement for steering.....

I came, I saw, I realised it's all too much effort, I had a nap.

January 5, 2008 10:41 pm
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

chrisl wrote:

mjweb, dtl enough already. Anybody getting anywhere with the cootie catcher. I've noticed that the words in the centre include bat and ball, rack with pinion, for of. No idea what it means but a car's use a rack and pinion arrangement for steering.....

there's some cootie catching discussion in this thread, but nothing concrete has come of it yet, as far as i can tell:

http://www.macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=87621

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 5, 2008 10:52 pm
mooseworks

mooseworks

Automaton Tech

from Manchester UK
350 posts

definetheline wrote:
johnred wrote:
mjweb wrote:

XZOLO.COM is an homage to Macheist. You should be flattered your effort spawns creativity. Calling it spam is a mischaracterization. XZOLO.COM will become a functional website after Macheist.

homage == good
misleading people into thinking it's part of MH == spam (and hence the DTL reference)

Since when have I spammed?

Oh, well I guess the fake twitter account counts...

ooops, is having your web site in your signature spamming??

i'll take it off then

http://www.mooseworks.co.uk/
http://blog.alexgreen.co.uk/
http://www.alexgreen.co.uk/

January 6, 2008 8:05 am
wiredfractal

wiredfractal

Gearhead

from philippines
92 posts

Wow, I would love to go at any of this event but I don't think it's possible for me.

I <3 orange.

January 6, 2008 11:46 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

johnred wrote:
MrStinkEye wrote:
mjweb wrote:

Cool! Did anyone catch this? I don't get it?
www . xzolo . com

No.  Where, or better yet, how did you find this info?  I was pretty much along for the ride on this mission.  It's times like these I feel my age.   yikes

There's nothing to this. mjweb keeps spamming the forums with his website.

This is likely what definetheline will turn into over time. tongue

Yeah, and the next thing you know you'll be making him a mod, á la Apcs11... tongue

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

January 6, 2008 2:45 pm

daniel670

Tinkerer

11 posts

I don't live near any of those places. Can someone give me the answer?

January 7, 2008 7:14 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

daniel670 wrote:

I don't live near any of those places. Can someone give me the answer?

The answer to what? The whole point of having people go to those locations was to have a FEW people bring information back to MANY. You don't need to go there to solve any heist. For that matter, if you read this thread, you'll find out exactly what "answer" we found out of all of this.

PM me | Twitter

January 7, 2008 7:28 pm

daniel670

Tinkerer

11 posts

I don't see it! Sorry but I am not very good at this.

January 7, 2008 7:38 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Not good at what, reading? Check this thread, every page, until you find what you're looking for. Also try using the search function.

All of the work is already done, all you have to do is click through a few pages of forum discussion to find it.

PM me | Twitter

January 7, 2008 7:42 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Jeez, jpdyson, you're beginning to sound more and more like the "Old Guard" already.

Welcome. smile

Marathon Forever.

January 7, 2008 7:44 pm

daniel670

Tinkerer

11 posts

jpdyson wrote:

Not good at what, reading? Check this thread, every page, until you find what you're looking for. Also try using the search function.

All of the work is already done, all you have to do is click through a few pages of forum discussion to find it.

Sorry for asking.

January 7, 2008 7:47 pm

daniel670

Tinkerer

11 posts

I don't have all day to look through the forum. I can't find it. Can someone atleast give me a page number? I am not trying to act lazy I am really confused.

January 7, 2008 7:55 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

rampancy wrote:

Jeez, jpdyson, you're beginning to sound more and more like the "Old Guard" already.

Welcome. smile

Newsflash: if your first post in a thread is "can somebody give me the answer" then you're asking for it, and you deserve it. I don't think my responses to his questions were all that harsh. All I did was imply that he do a little work of his own

daniel670 wrote:

Sorry for asking.

Don't be sorry for asking - it's not that. You just have to realize that it's an insult to those who put in the work for you to come asking for handouts to be spoon-fed to you when the answer is plainly posted two pages back.

Read. Use the "Search" function. It's very simple forum etiquette.

PM me | Twitter

January 7, 2008 7:57 pm
abjupa

abjupa

Automaton Tech

from Norway
171 posts

Hey, Daniel.

Check the summary on this thread:
http://www.macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6396
smile

-lover
And part of the mean, green, heisting machine! GO Green Monkeys!

January 7, 2008 7:58 pm

daniel670

Tinkerer

11 posts

I got it. Thanks for everybodies help.

January 7, 2008 8:03 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

jpdyson wrote:

Newsflash: if your first post in a thread is "can somebody give me the answer" then you're asking for it, and you deserve it. I don't think my responses to his questions were all that harsh. All I did was imply that he do a little work of his own...

...Read. Use the "Search" function. It's very simple forum etiquette.

Oh I'm not saying you shouldn't be saying stuff like that - people should, but the thing for me is that I've already repeated and repeated and repeated myself so many times, that I'm just sick of it.

For every sensible poster, there's always 50 who just show up expecting someone to just give them the vault code but aren't willing to even lift a finger to do anything for it themselves. The worst ones are the people who don't even know what MacHeist is, even though it's spelled out for them in black and white on the front page and its links.

Marathon Forever.

January 7, 2008 8:10 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

rampancy wrote:
jpdyson wrote:

Newsflash: if your first post in a thread is "can somebody give me the answer" then you're asking for it, and you deserve it. I don't think my responses to his questions were all that harsh. All I did was imply that he do a little work of his own...

...Read. Use the "Search" function. It's very simple forum etiquette.

Oh I'm not saying you shouldn't be saying stuff like that - people should, but the thing for me is that I've already repeated and repeated and repeated myself so many times, that I'm just sick of it.

For every sensible poster, there's always 50 who just show up expecting someone to just give them the vault code but aren't willing to even lift a finger to do anything for it themselves. The worst ones are the people who don't even know what MacHeist is, even though it's spelled out for them in black and white on the front page and its links.

Well, since I have about 1/3rd your post count, I guess I have a while before I grow as tired of it as you :]

dang... when did I break 300??

PM me | Twitter

January 7, 2008 8:11 pm
BrilliantOrange

BrilliantOrange

Gearhead

from Los Angeles
50 posts

Come on, next heist...at least to stop the surly forum etiquette lessons, which are getting  rather tedious.

Meow meow meow meow

January 7, 2008 8:54 pm
rothaud

rothaud

Tinkerer

21 posts

yes, bring on the next heist!
School tomorrow, getting close to midnight now..!

singing in the rain (8)

January 7, 2008 9:08 pm
Lonestar

Lonestar

Gearhead

60 posts

So can someone give me "The Answers" to the last three

(Ducks and runs for cover!)

A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies
The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure

January 7, 2008 9:17 pm
Omega16

Omega16

Tinkerer

12 posts

rampancy wrote:

The worst ones are the people who don't even know what MacHeist is, even though it's spelled out for them in black and white on the front page and its links.

Which I've never understood. Why do people sign up on a website - giving out their email address and everything - when they have no idea what it's for?

January 7, 2008 9:22 pm
cookme

cookme

Tinkerer

15 posts

Omega16 wrote:

Which I've never understood. Why do people sign up on a website - giving out their email address and everything - when they have no idea what it's for?

isn't that how the tubes work? *blink* *blink*

FFA500

January 8, 2008 1:26 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Omega16 wrote:

I'm guessing that a fair amount of people probably got on board from the Digg/Reddit/etc. stories promoted about the promise of free software - not knowing about how integral the online/offline ARG is to the actual experience (one could say that the loot is relatively irrelevant compared to the Bundle and the ARG itself).

I'm also willing to hazard a guess that a lot of newcomers also came because of the Mac Giving Tree event - signing up for that signed you up for MacHeist too.

Marathon Forever.

January 8, 2008 2:26 am
susanabra

susanabra

Automaton Tech

from Denmark
147 posts

My youngest refused to sign up for MacHeist just so I could get more software, which I then pester him to try, because I've got more stuff on my 'puter than I can possibly use...
On the other hand, he took me through Stormwind City, so I could see the WoW locations, so I'm not disowning him yet.

- a nerd of a different color

January 8, 2008 5:44 am
MacHeist Forums » Directorate Communiqués » ATTENTION: Calling all agents in Berlin, NYC, Dallas, San Fran!

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?