Forums

Mission 4 Goes Live!!

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Mission 4 Goes Live!!

xvelcropunkx

Urchin

from Dudley, MA
8 posts

from racksandballs.com the numbers are 3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 4. If you use these numbers in the fortune teller it reads "Of Balls Racks and For Bats". Im not sure if it means anything but the answer to that riddle would be "wood"?

January 7, 2008 11:43 pm
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

Eario wrote:

Anyone figured out what the plugin is for?

rumor has it it's for the apple remote to use with the racksandballs.com page:

15:42:17    <<plosfas> OK we have our remotes on the ready...now what
15:42:17    <marforic> and press buttons on remote
15:42:17    <ryptide> what page with balls?
15:42:17    <smcc12> http://racksandballs.com
15:42:20    <ryptide> ah

<as near as i can tell, people are reporting that that doesn't do anything>

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 7, 2008 11:45 pm

JennVargas

Urchin

4 posts

run the webplugin in the Hana browser from the loot

January 7, 2008 11:46 pm
plosfas@plosfas.com

plosfas@plosfas.com

Automaton Tech

from Canada
125 posts

l0k1 wrote:
Eario wrote:

Anyone figured out what the plugin is for?

rumor has it it's for the apple remote to use with the racksandballs.com page:

15:42:17    <<plosfas> OK we have our remotes on the ready...now what
15:42:17    <marforic> and press buttons on remote
15:42:17    <ryptide> what page with balls?
15:42:17    <smcc12> http://racksandballs.com
15:42:20    <ryptide> ah

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to do anything.

January 7, 2008 11:46 pm

ClaMs

Urchin

1 posts

JennVargas wrote:

run the webplugin in the Hana browser from the loot

I tried. I can't. Not it.

January 7, 2008 11:50 pm
smcc12

smcc12

Tinkerer

from Minneapolis, MN
22 posts

plosfas@plosfas.com wrote:
l0k1 wrote:
Eario wrote:

Anyone figured out what the plugin is for?

rumor has it it's for the apple remote to use with the racksandballs.com page:

15:42:17    <<plosfas> OK we have our remotes on the ready...now what
15:42:17    <marforic> and press buttons on remote
15:42:17    <ryptide> what page with balls?
15:42:17    <smcc12> http://racksandballs.com
15:42:20    <ryptide> ah

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to do anything.

<eddy> The remote plugin will be useful if we find a site with "application/x-a-plugin" MIME content and file type "sottg"

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

January 7, 2008 11:50 pm

JennVargas

Urchin

4 posts

I take my previous statement back - it doesnt seem to do anything! Hana must be used for something though, because the registration info is MacHeist Mission 4

January 7, 2008 11:50 pm
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

Am I right that the billiard ball colors are wrong?  1 is yellow, 4 is purple and 6 is green, right?  325416 instead of 325164?

Can anyone make anything of that?

Turning GREEN waiting for the bundle!

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

January 7, 2008 11:51 pm

xvelcropunkx

Urchin

from Dudley, MA
8 posts

5 is supposed to be orange, it should be 723416 if you go by color.

January 7, 2008 11:53 pm
gfoster

gfoster

Gearhead

from Concord, CA
78 posts

you are right that the colors are wrong.  You are wrong about what it should be... it should be 723416 if you follow standard colors for the numbers.

-- Gary F.

January 7, 2008 11:53 pm
orlina

orlina

Gearhead

from Chicago
70 posts

any link between the billiard balls and the picture of the hopscotch game?

@popsiclechief

January 7, 2008 11:54 pm
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

from irc:

http://purinesandpyrimidines.com/

anything?

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 7, 2008 11:55 pm

xvelcropunkx

Urchin

from Dudley, MA
8 posts

how did we get that url?

January 7, 2008 11:57 pm

neen

Tinkerer

10 posts

JennVargas wrote:

I take my previous statement back - it doesnt seem to do anything! Hana must be used for something though, because the registration info is MacHeist Mission 4

They said the reason for that is they switched the loot at the last minute for Mission 4

January 7, 2008 11:57 pm
orlina

orlina

Gearhead

from Chicago
70 posts

wow. where did that come from??

@popsiclechief

January 7, 2008 11:57 pm
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

xvelcropunkx wrote:

how did we get that url?

reverse dns on the ball numbers

(according to what i read on irc)

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 7, 2008 11:58 pm
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

I thought the 5 was "supposed" to be orange and that 3 was the correct red color...

Turning GREEN waiting for the bundle!

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

January 7, 2008 11:58 pm
smcc12

smcc12

Tinkerer

from Minneapolis, MN
22 posts

427631 is the code on Ms-randd.com

Explanation from BigSim:
"on racksandballs.com, the actual numbers on the balls represent what order they should be in. Once they're reordered, the numbers that match the real colours give you the ms-randd.com code (above)"

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

January 7, 2008 11:58 pm
salamence502

salamence502

Automaton Tech

from Montreal, QC
189 posts

l0k1 wrote:
xvelcropunkx wrote:

how did we get that url?

reverse dns on the ball numbers

What does that mean?

Proud Orange Supporter!
Want Dropbox? Get 2GB + 250MB of free online file storage using my referral!

January 7, 2008 11:59 pm
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

smcc12 wrote:

427631 is the code on Ms-randd.com

and now we use the plugin

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 8, 2008 12:00 am

Jonas Gabrielson

Urchin

1 posts

My first post, my first time on a new Heist, and I have to go to sleep sad

Still, I took a minute to scrub through that DNA molecule, and came up with this base sequence:

GCGAATTCGC

from top to bottom, with the other strand then being:

CGCTTAAGCG

Hopefully this will be of use to someone later on smile

Also, an idea regarding STFT. Short-time Fourier Transform seems to fit with the modulating sounds and beeps heard in the static portions of the mission briefing. Might be a connection there, but I can't follow up on it right now.

Later!

January 8, 2008 12:00 am

xvelcropunkx

Urchin

from Dudley, MA
8 posts

Notable purines are numbered 1 through 9. Could have something to do with the arrangement of pool balls. Also, the color on the strands are the same as the pool balls.

Are we done with the pool balls or do we still need them to solve something? Were they used to get to purinesandpyrimidines?

January 8, 2008 12:00 am

JennVargas

Urchin

4 posts

What browser does that webplugin work for? It's not working in any of mine!

January 8, 2008 12:01 am
plosfas@plosfas.com

plosfas@plosfas.com

Automaton Tech

from Canada
125 posts

the maze speels out purinesandpyrimidnes. looks like we skipped a step.

edit:or maybe not

edit 2: OK ya it does

January 8, 2008 12:01 am
orlina

orlina

Gearhead

from Chicago
70 posts

plug-in seems to be recognized if you quit and restart safari

@popsiclechief

January 8, 2008 12:02 am
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

JennVargas wrote:

What browser does that webplugin work for? It's not working in any of mine!

it's for, i believe, safari and you furthermore need a mac with a remote (which i don't have so now i have to sit here on my elbows and watch others solve the heist).

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 8, 2008 12:02 am
smcc12

smcc12

Tinkerer

from Minneapolis, MN
22 posts

You use the remote to navigate through the ms-randd.com/internal maze. After writing down the letters on the walls in the maze, it leads to http://purinesandpyrimidines.com/

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

January 8, 2008 12:04 am

bigsim

Urchin

5 posts

Just to clarify -

on racksandballs.com, the actual numbers on the balls represent what order they should be in. Once they're reordered, the numbers that match the real colours give you the ms-randd.com code.

January 8, 2008 12:06 am
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

smcc12 wrote:

You use the remote to navigate through the ms-randd.com/internal maze. After writing down the letters on the walls in the maze, it leads to http://purinesandpyrimidines.com/

ugh, i've been totally bass ackwards.  i thought the dna page led to the password for the ms-randd.com page and then the maze was to be negotiated.  i think i missed a step somewhere.  it's too much to try to read the forum and irc at the same time.

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 8, 2008 12:06 am
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

bigsim wrote:

Just to clarify -

on racksandballs.com, the actual numbers on the balls represent what order they should be in. Once they're reordered, the numbers that match the real colours give you the ms-randd.com code.

thank you!

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 8, 2008 12:07 am
smcc12

smcc12

Tinkerer

from Minneapolis, MN
22 posts

So as of now, we're trying to find the next clue somewhere on http://purinesandpyrimidines.com/

Anyone good with DNA?

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

January 8, 2008 12:10 am

MacHenner

Urchin

from Germany
3 posts

The plugin works with Safari if you copy it to ../Library/Internet Plug-Ins. You will have to rename it into plugin ad restart Safari

January 8, 2008 12:13 am
orlina

orlina

Gearhead

from Chicago
70 posts

any significance to the fact that the "N"s were backwards on the walls of the maze?

@popsiclechief

January 8, 2008 12:16 am
ikeb

ikeb

Gearhead

from Atlanta, GA
55 posts

smcc12 wrote:

So as of now, we're trying to find the next clue somewhere on http://purinesandpyrimidines.com/

Anyone good with DNA?

Ok, the left one (unattached one) is: RYGRRGYYYYYYYGGROGOB.  The opposite of that is BGYBBYGGGGGGGYYBPYPR assuming purple is the matcher with orange.

The right unattached one is: YBRYGYBYYBBBBBGYBBBYGBYO with an opposite (connecting) strand of GRBGYGRGGRRRRRYGRRRGYRGP.

Translate those to numbers?

- me

January 8, 2008 12:17 am
brandtsound

brandtsound

Tinkerer

from Richmond, Virginia
20 posts

MacHenner wrote:

The plugin works with Safari if you copy it to ../Library/Internet Plug-Ins. You will have to rename it into plugin ad restart Safari

thanks!  it worked once i restarted! smile

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." ~Plato

MacHeist #3 smile   Go Purple Team!

January 8, 2008 12:17 am

raingirl

Urchin

3 posts

SMCC12 -  Jonas already cracked the DNA for us.

Jonas Gabrielson wrote:

My first post, my first time on a new Heist, and I have to go to sleep sad

Still, I took a minute to scrub through that DNA molecule, and came up with this base sequence:

GCGAATTCGC

from top to bottom, with the other strand then being:

CGCTTAAGCG

Hopefully this will be of use to someone later on smile

Also, an idea regarding STFT. Short-time Fourier Transform seems to fit with the modulating sounds and beeps heard in the static portions of the mission briefing. Might be a connection there, but I can't follow up on it right now.

Later!

January 8, 2008 12:19 am
er_mouloud

er_mouloud

Tinkerer

from rome, italy
44 posts

As far as I can see those letters (GCGAATTCGC) are written behind the DNA sequences...

January 8, 2008 12:21 am

xvelcropunkx

Urchin

from Dudley, MA
8 posts

To me the first strand looks like its actually RYGRRGYYYYYYYGGOOGOB (the fifth from last is orange not red as stated above) which would match with BGYBBYGGGGGGGYYPPYPR.

January 8, 2008 12:23 am
l0k1

l0k1

Automaton Tech

from oregon
274 posts

er_mouloud wrote:

As far as I can see those letters (GCGAATTCGC) are written behind the DNA sequences...

yes, i think this is the entirety of the repeating string: gattgactacatgct

..::01101001::01101101::01110100::..

January 8, 2008 12:23 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

Take it here, condense it into one thread:

http://www.macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6435

Website | Twitter

January 8, 2008 12:24 am
ikeb

ikeb

Gearhead

from Atlanta, GA
55 posts

xvelcropunkx wrote:

To me the first strand looks like its actually RYGRRGYYYYYYYGGOOGOB (the fifth from last is orange not red as stated above) which would match with BGYBBYGGGGGGGYYPPYPR.

Good catch.  That orange/red was throwing me off.  Not sure what to do with it from here though.

- me

January 8, 2008 12:24 am
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Mission 4 Goes Live!!

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?