Forums

Anyone use Mousepose?

MacHeist Forums » The Lounge » Anyone use Mousepose?
tslining

tslining

Tinkerer

17 posts

I was thinking of purchasing the new version of mousepose.  I have the old free version 1.3 running on my Leopard Mac Book Pro.  Works okay but I like some of the new features of 2.?.  One question, though, does it take more or less cpu than 1.3?

Strike First
Strike Hard
No Mercy

January 22, 2008 12:18 am
tslining

tslining

Tinkerer

17 posts

Actually, even better.  If anyone has Mousepose in their loot and not using it, could you gift that to me?  I am a teacher and do presentations every day.

Just send me the the registration information as a message to my profile.

Strike First
Strike Hard
No Mercy

January 22, 2008 12:51 am
pjrobertson

pjrobertson

Tinkerer

from UK, Wales
46 posts

Sorry, I'm using it from my loot sad

I don't use it much, but it has integration with Sofa Control (another loot app) with is really good.

When mousepouse is not being used (but running) it's using 0 - 0.3 CPU and 23.78MB real memory.

When it's being used (highlighting the cursor) it's using anything from 1.8 - 2.9 (usually 2.4) CPU and about 24.30MB real Memory

Blue team FTW!

January 22, 2008 7:50 am
susanabra

susanabra

Automaton Tech

from Denmark
147 posts

@ tslining
I have downloaded both Mouseposé and Sofa Control, but don't use either. The Mouseposé registration has (part of) my name on it, but Sofa Control is a no registration needed app. If you tell me how I can get them to you, you're more than welcome to them both. Always glad to help out a teacher, being the daughter of two of the critters and wife of another. wink

- a nerd of a different color

January 22, 2008 9:49 am
WaterMedia

WaterMedia

Urchin

8 posts

Out of all the heist loot, Mousepose is by far my favorite. As a sample of performance:

I can use iShowU to screencapture with Mouspose running effects, while illustrating on a tablet in CS3 at high quality. And all of this is on a simple Macbook from last year.

Very impressive and worth every penny!

Cubicle Ninjas | We know design fu.

January 24, 2008 6:24 am
xaMax

xaMax

Automaton Tech

151 posts

one question:
I just installed Mousepose from the loot and installed the licence and it is a 3.x license... but Mouspose is just 2.5.4

anyway it works, but I wonder, if we get free upgrades on upcoming 3.x versions?

How many "What is your favourite ..." threads do a forum need? hmm

January 24, 2008 10:45 am
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

Yeah, I do video reviews for Macapper and use Mousepose all the time.

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

January 24, 2008 1:22 pm
kongobongo

kongobongo

Automaton Tech

443 posts

I could use Mousepose too. If more people doesn't want theirs then I'd also be happy to use it.

Plastic Fish Never Die

January 24, 2008 7:47 pm

btdesigns

Urchin

2 posts

so whats the deal how does it work

January 26, 2008 11:19 am

lokesh44

Urchin

1 posts

hey tslining i can give u my mousepose contact me lok_v at(symbol) mac dot com

February 6, 2008 6:23 am
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

Sofa Control has a built in (not quite as good) version - activate the virtual mouse mode and it's there as an option.

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

February 10, 2008 4:24 pm

noel_gomez

Urchin

2 posts

I bought the bundle, but didnt get the loot and I really need mousepose.  If anyone else has one they are willing to gift, i would appreciate it. 

noel a t noelgomez dot c o m

February 16, 2008 8:16 am

joshuafuentes

Urchin

2 posts

Yeah Man Im In High School And Need It For Presentations And Crap Like Dat!!

March 2, 2008 9:11 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

If you still need it i'm willing to give it up.

Website | Twitter

March 2, 2008 9:43 pm
kongobongo

kongobongo

Automaton Tech

443 posts

I could use it too, if anyone does not want theirs.

Plastic Fish Never Die

March 4, 2008 10:38 am
PollenMan

PollenMan

Tinkerer

45 posts

I never ever use it. I would gladly give it to anybody who needs it, but I'm not sure if that's legal. If you could show me a legal way of doing it, then no prob! PM me if anything.

Every year on SPFW...

July 25, 2008 8:51 am
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

PollenMan wrote:

I would gladly give it to anybody who needs it, but I'm not sure if that's legal. If you could show me a legal way of doing it, then no prob!

Most devs will let you "gift" an application.  You just send them an email telling them your name, email, and the SN of your app and give them the name and email of the person to whom you are gifting the app. The dev will typically send you an email back saying they have transferred the info and ask you to remove the app from your machine if it has been installed.

I've done this quite a few times and never had any issues.  Check with the individual devs to be sure though.
Cheers!

You've just read my signature

July 25, 2008 10:10 am
pietroiq

pietroiq

Gearhead

72 posts

ladyvolcc wrote:

I've done this quite a few times and never had any issues.  Check with the individual devs to be sure though.

I did it a couple of time too and it was ok. Just ask the dev.

pietro

July 26, 2008 6:41 am
hias

hias

Big Game Hunter

from Palermo
633 posts

Strike First
Strike Hard
No Mercy       >>>>>   I'm a teacher !!!

What kind of teacher are YOU ?!?

July 27, 2008 10:06 am
Strange

Strange

Sky Pirate

from New York, NY
1,026 posts

I'm the kind of teacher that spanks those students that aren't paying attention to the topic....

tongue

July 29, 2008 1:01 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Lounge » Anyone use Mousepose?

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?