Forums

Welcome Page Frozen -Points Reveal Coming!!!

MacHeist Forums » Team HQ » Welcome Page Frozen -Points Reveal Coming!!!
techmom

techmom

Big Game Hunter

from Charm City Hon!
625 posts

You are all aware that points have 'stopped'. But I do not believe they have in reality. The Welcome page (Dashboard) has been frozen for 5 days with only a sm,attering of points before that since the bundle reveal - like we were getting a few points but the noobs points weren't necessarily showing up.

This became obvious when Orange started PMing in earnest again, for referrals and for team points.
We started a blitz and for the first time ever - we didn't gain on the leader - at all.
The Welcome page has been frozen in time - It also lists my last PM as March 31 - and I have PM'd with a few people including getting my bundle charges fixed over the last week.
The D has said to be patient and there will be answers. They have also warned of site 'disruptions' as the bundle buying frenzy comes during the last day.

Check it out. And keep helping new Oranges get their points up.

Any guesses what the D has in store for us at the end when the points count for something????

Hey I love you all! See you on the forums or Chat or next year!

IT Contract Recruiter job wanted. Can work anywhere.

April 6, 2009 1:11 pm
macdude56

macdude56

Automaton Tech

from teh Internets
366 posts

I really hope that we can trade in our points to get free apps, that would be great! big_smile

I agree: childhood should be a time of innocence, and Bambi's mother shouldn't die, and lap dances should be complementary after the fifth cocktail, but that's not the world we live in
-Charlie Harper

April 6, 2009 1:46 pm
spoon

spoon

Tinkerer

from Wisconsin
32 posts

macdude56 wrote:

I really hope that we can trade in our points to get free apps, that would be great! big_smile

After buying the bundle I'm in App overload.. I can't really think of any new ones I'd want and/or need.

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

April 6, 2009 2:03 pm
Auset

Auset

Tinkerer

from Andromeda Galaxy
13 posts

I'm sure they can find something else that will make you say, "Wow! I want [or need] that." LOL

Live and let live!
Check out my Content!
Proud Member of the ORANGE Team™

April 6, 2009 2:18 pm
Scandalous

Scandalous

Sky Pirate

1,528 posts

spoon wrote:
macdude56 wrote:

After buying the bundle I'm in App overload.. I can't really think of any new ones I'd want and/or need.

True say! Let me get to know the apps I have for pete's sake! smile

Click DropBox to sync files online & across your computers for FREE + receive an additional 250 MB.

April 6, 2009 3:33 pm
GFB3

GFB3

Tinkerer

from In the Desert
33 posts

Does anyone really know what the points will do. Will only the top point team win something or will it move down?

April 6, 2009 4:08 pm
techmom

techmom

Big Game Hunter

from Charm City Hon!
625 posts

@GFB3 -
We know nothing. The Masters of MH have been very secretive. We don't even know whoi is ahead since points are blocked or frozen in time.

So we are all waiting to find out.

Hey I love you all! See you on the forums or Chat or next year!

IT Contract Recruiter job wanted. Can work anywhere.

April 6, 2009 4:13 pm
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

I am getting the feeling that people are done PMing....
We shall see!

Proudly Orange
http://thememymac.com/

April 6, 2009 6:29 pm
gungadin

gungadin

Automaton Tech

from Around the Puget Sound
158 posts

70 dancing virgins on the head of a pin?

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning." Douglas Adams

April 6, 2009 8:55 pm
msalter

msalter

Gearhead

from N.E. Georgia
89 posts

gungadin wrote:

Is that where my virgins are? They never said anything about them being on the head of a pin! I KEEL THEM FOR THIS!!!!!! wink

Official Orange Team Juicer!

April 7, 2009 4:04 am
feedpuppy

feedpuppy

Big Game Hunter

from H town
710 posts

Nobody knows what the points are for. But at least from what Phill said in another post, they definitely mean something. I guess we'll get an answer no later than this weekend...

How do you say goodbye?

April 7, 2009 4:24 am
jennychoo

jennychoo

Tinkerer

from Canada
42 posts

I hope if the points count for something it is on an individual basis and not as a team. It's seems unfair to me if a green member with 1 point gets something that a purple player with 2500 does not.

April 7, 2009 4:54 am
spoon

spoon

Tinkerer

from Wisconsin
32 posts

jennychoo wrote:

I hope if the points count for something it is on an individual basis and not as a team. It's seems unfair to me if a green member with 1 point gets something that a purple player with 2500 does not.

We shall see... the green member with 1 point did more for their team than those people who just buy the bundle and never login again.

April 7, 2009 6:39 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

from Las Vegas, USA Earth Milky Way
1,075 posts

Fingers are crossed... and what exactly did Phil say about points.

www.usheroes.us Pray for Peace. Go Orange!

April 7, 2009 6:52 pm
mocenigo

mocenigo

Automaton Tech

from Herne, Germany
430 posts

All this waiting, the suspense!

Go Orange Team: WE NEVER CLOSE!

April 7, 2009 7:14 pm
feedpuppy

feedpuppy

Big Game Hunter

from H town
710 posts

vansouza wrote:

Fingers are crossed... and what exactly did Phil say about points.

In reply to a question about points, Phil said we should be patient and indicated something is gonna happen.

And in this post, John reconfirmed something is up tonight or tomorrow. big_smile

How do you say goodbye?

April 7, 2009 8:13 pm
Masque

Masque

Tinkerer

16 posts

I hope the "something" is ... something good.  And orangey.

Got my referrals the old-fashioned way!

April 7, 2009 11:57 pm
rtteachr

rtteachr

Automaton Tech

from someplace in Maryland
231 posts

My guess is a free app or a mini bundle and the points arrange the prices of the mini bundle by the team places. Or what if it is discounts amounts towards Macheist 4?????

Thank you MacHeist!

April 8, 2009 12:28 am
buffman

buffman

Automaton Tech

from Snyder, NY
156 posts

if Johnred is right, expect the site to temporarily shut down soon (2210 EDT now), so get those last actions in.

I very curious if all this point gathering does give something to those who kept the faith. I'm with Spoon, I'm also in app overload, and I've barely played with anything yet. Mostly because I was waiting for my new 17" MBP. Well, it came in last week, and now that I've switched data to the new system and made the old PB17" "kid-safe", I'm ready to dig into my booty.

If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard! - Gen Buck Turgidson     GO ORANGE!

April 8, 2009 2:16 am
Lysithea

Lysithea

Tinkerer

from Australia
18 posts

feedpuppy wrote:

And in this post, John reconfirmed something is up tonight or tomorrow. big_smile

It does mention a small surprise. What counts as a small surprise around here? I'm thinking a screensaver, because if I set my sights any higher I might be disappointed.

An active is the truest soul among us.

April 8, 2009 2:33 am
gandalf1981

gandalf1981

Tinkerer

44 posts

I think my mac is going to explode! It"s already have problems computing that is seems to be his birthday and Christmas combined.. more apps!!! yikes what on Earth are we to do!?!?!

No other team is both a colour and a fruit.
We will be victorious!!

Thanks to my friends I now have the KoingoUtilityPack!
WOOT!

April 8, 2009 8:45 am
arnaultp

arnaultp

Tinkerer

from Paris, France
29 posts

Is AppShelf the little surprise from MacHeist (on your order receipt) ?

Oranginator!

April 8, 2009 10:21 am
ismartin

ismartin

Automaton Tech

from Never very far
103 posts

Yes AppShelf is a nice surprise but don't seems related to points.

OrangeTeam :-)

April 8, 2009 10:37 am
brettporter

brettporter

Tinkerer

from Sydney, Australia
16 posts

arnaultp wrote:

Is AppShelf the little surprise from MacHeist (on your order receipt) ?

Seems that way... and also it seems like the storyline might continue with a video to be posted soon

April 8, 2009 10:37 am
sedmonds

sedmonds

Tinkerer

from San Francisco Bay Area
34 posts

I'm glad there will be no hanging chads.  ;-)

Good luck Orange Team!!!!!!

April 8, 2009 5:31 pm
pilotN46370

pilotN46370

Automaton Tech

from Kansas
148 posts

msalter wrote:
gungadin wrote:

Is that where my virgins are? They never said anything about them being on the head of a pin! I KEEL THEM FOR THIS!!!!!! wink

HAHA! Love it!  Achmed/Jeff Dunham are pretty amazing!

Go Team Orange!

April 8, 2009 5:41 pm
zbirdboy

zbirdboy

Tinkerer

from Pennsyltucky
11 posts

im just overwhelmed from this whole MacHeist experience. I can't wait to do it again, there was so much I didn't do, so many threads I should have commented on, I just can't wait for MacHeist 4. w00t!

When life gives you oranges, make orangeade.

April 8, 2009 6:52 pm
spoon

spoon

Tinkerer

from Wisconsin
32 posts

From the sounds of it MH3 isn't over yet.

April 8, 2009 6:56 pm
Masque

Masque

Tinkerer

16 posts

Forget sounds, show me looks! wink

Got my referrals the old-fashioned way!

April 9, 2009 5:52 am

honxing

Urchin

from Kuala Lumpur
7 posts

Oh, so that's why my points haven't gone up.

I've been doing loads of the stuff listed in the 'official points guide' and i'm still stuck on 177.

Thanks for the info

April 10, 2009 6:06 am

john@john-white.me.uk

Urchin

from Central Scotland
7 posts

Hopefully they will let us know soon.  Gives us something to look forward too.

April 10, 2009 11:03 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

from Las Vegas, USA Earth Milky Way
1,075 posts

I am thinking Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny will make a visit and leave some Easter Eggs. But that is just my spidy sense.

www.usheroes.us Pray for Peace. Go Orange!

April 10, 2009 11:42 pm
MacHeist Forums » Team HQ » Welcome Page Frozen -Points Reveal Coming!!!

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?