Forums

My latest theory on points...

MacHeist Forums » Team HQ » My latest theory on points...
Mooey

Mooey

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
215 posts

After reading the front of macheist.com, I believe points will be used overall as a buying method for free (or even purchasable) software. 

Example:
Highest "prize" = 5,000/10,000 points
Lowest "prize" = 200 points

Once you "buy" your software, there will be a nanoHeist every so often to acquire more points so you can "purchase" more software.
The reason I think this? Look at those bold words on the front page. It all points to unlocking software and trying to "score more great software." The only way I know how to score on MacHeist is through points.

Directorate said that points will carry to MacHeist 4, and I believe this to be the only way.

Thoughts?

Show some Dropbox love

April 9, 2009 7:58 pm
antmuz

antmuz

Automaton Tech

from UK
212 posts

Good idea. Ahem . . .

April 9, 2009 8:41 pm
Feathers

Feathers

Automaton Tech

from Antarctica
416 posts

I think you might be misinterpreting their use of  "score" as in winning as opposed to a "score" as in a "heist"!

Insert signature here.

April 9, 2009 11:44 pm
macdude56

macdude56

Automaton Tech

from teh Internets
366 posts

I hope that you are right, that would be great! If people could "purchase" apps with their points, they should also have the option to give points away. There are many kind and generous people here in the forums who would give their points to the newbies or to people who deserve them.

I agree: childhood should be a time of innocence, and Bambi's mother shouldn't die, and lap dances should be complementary after the fifth cocktail, but that's not the world we live in
-Charlie Harper

April 9, 2009 11:46 pm
antmuz

antmuz

Automaton Tech

from UK
212 posts

Feathers wrote:

I think you might be misinterpreting their use of  "score" as in winning as opposed to a "score" as in a "heist"!

I know their meaning of score directly means to grab or to get software. I was just wondering if they were doing a double meaning - giving us clues as to what may come.

You could also interpret score as in football/soccer score - as in the number of points a person/team has. Wiki says score refers to the amount of points achieved by a player or team.

April 10, 2009 12:31 am
treyd1

treyd1

Gearhead

from Real Name
56 posts

If this is the case, I think it would be neat to see an iPhone version as well. Perhaps a free App Store like app that interfaces with MacHeist and allows you to buy software from participating developers. Of course, just mac software is nice too; I'll take whatever free stuff I can get smile.

April 10, 2009 12:48 am
raffik

raffik

Tinkerer

11 posts

I would like to think that you would be able to "buy" software with points, and I hope the do do something like this, but I agree with Feathers that they mean "score" as in scoring more software by doing heists (or maybe they mean both!).

April 10, 2009 12:52 am
Mooey

Mooey

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
215 posts

antmuz wrote:

Good idea. Ahem . . .

Lol, sorry, I don't frequent the others boards most of the time. I usually check the HQ, see if there are any new topics, and leave. tongue

Show some Dropbox love

April 10, 2009 1:32 am
MacHeist Forums » Team HQ » My latest theory on points...

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?