Forums

Still earning points

MacHeist Forums » Team HQ » Still earning points
murlyn

murlyn

Automaton Tech

from Washington
244 posts

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are still earning points!  I would say keep doing the posts, clicking on the links, a couple PM messages to people so that we can continue earning points and get back into first place.  I was around 400th in points and now I am up to around 75th which means people aren't going for points anymore, including us! smile

You can view the current points here:

http://www.macforums.com/welcome

You'll see that we're about 90,000 points behind.  Come on, let's do it! smile

March 30, 2009 9:33 pm
bucknutz

bucknutz

Automaton Tech

from Ohio
357 posts

i don't think i have earned any points in a week lol

March 30, 2009 9:36 pm
futureblues

futureblues

Automaton Tech

from FL
107 posts

i haven't earned any since the bundle release.  green still seems to be though.

See You Space Cowboy

March 30, 2009 10:57 pm

DillonLarson

Automaton Tech

240 posts

I have earned 1 point since the bundle release...

murlyn wrote:

Do you mean macheist.com/welcome? smile

March 30, 2009 11:04 pm
Scandalous

Scandalous

Sky Pirate

1,528 posts

http://content.screencast.com/users/Scandalous/folders/Jing/media/f13331e5-e81e-460e-ab17-869a1590f71d/00000020.png

Click DropBox to sync files online & across your computers for FREE + receive an additional 250 MB.

March 30, 2009 11:13 pm
macdavo

macdavo

Tinkerer

from Canberra
21 posts

My posting has slowed down somewhat, but at best, you pick up a point per 5 posts or so. I don't think we're going to get 90,000 points that way smile There's a chance people on Green have been doing the last two missions or something like that.

I notice the bundle purchases have slowed. On the weekend the likelihood of reaching the next unlock was looking pretty good. Now I'm not so sure. Now there's no extra incentive to buy (the extra free app is gone) maybe people aren't as keen. More likely it's a set purchasing pattern. The keen ones got in early, next came those that didn't feel as much urgency. Now we're seeing those that had to make up their minds.

By my way of thinking, even if you used one of those apps, it would be worth the money. Eventbox alone, even though free without the bundle, has been well worth it.

Thanks for your referral clicks whoever you were.

---===[MacDavo@Twitter]===---

March 30, 2009 11:19 pm
epifany

epifany

Big Game Hunter

from Dallas, Texas
554 posts

We also have blue right on our tale.  Looks like the alliance idea wins the prize for stupidest idea of the century.

Facebooks Emoticons Made Easy!

www.ORGANICPIXELS.net

March 31, 2009 4:21 am
CowTurtle-1

CowTurtle-1

Automaton Tech

from San Diego
159 posts

I have been clicking and posting and going up a bit, but not much. I am holding pretty firm in the 600th place range. I was hoping that buy watching the app intro live or buying early we might receive points, but no such luck.

I am not optimistic anything I do will have any drastic effect. As for the team as a whole, I think too many people have either left the sight, or are waiting to see what happens, but with minimal paricipation.

<--- Irony?

March 31, 2009 5:16 am
hias

hias

Big Game Hunter

from Palermo
634 posts

will we ever know what points are for? of course we still get them, but....uh, who cares...?

March 31, 2009 6:29 am
vortigern

vortigern

Automaton Tech

from Cymru
289 posts

epifany wrote:

We also have blue right on our tale.  Looks like the alliance idea wins the prize for stupidest idea of the century.

If I was organised I'd have an image of a dead horse I could post in here, alas I am not. smile

'sdim ots!

March 31, 2009 10:12 am
MacGizmo

MacGizmo

Automaton Tech

from In your closet
318 posts

I've been posting in the forums, and spending time in the chat room... not a single point since the bundle was announced.

The Graphic Mac for all things Apple, Adobe, Design and the Internet.

March 31, 2009 11:39 am
vortigern

vortigern

Automaton Tech

from Cymru
289 posts

I've had loads and, at first, lost loads as well. Sometimes you lose and gain in the same hour so it appears static.

I'm gaining one for almost every post, I would not say it was one for every two posts but it is like 3/4 for every post I think.

Why was I losing them and now am not? This may seem crazy but I've tested it over the last week and it does hold true as far as I can test. Which is much easier now that these things come in only ones and twos.

You *lose* either half, 3/4 or even a full thingy (can't say for sure as I have stopped losing them now) for every post with the words P****T/P****TS in them!

Now I haven't posted this earlier because I can't be 100% sure and people will undoubtedly tell me I'm wrong but it is really working for me. When the thingy system changed I was losing loads, posted in the forms about losing them, lost more. Now have not lost a single one for 5 or 6 days and that is the only change I've made.

I'm gaining 5 or 6 a day which is moving me up the table.

Of course there could be other keywords that lose thingys as well.

EDIT: should add that I don't think you can gain loads by spamming, probably limited to one or two an hour, but I don't post that many anyway. It could be that one is awarded for participation during that hour. Anyway...

'sdim ots!

March 31, 2009 12:03 pm
bear912

bear912

Automaton Tech

from inside your mind
213 posts

vortigern wrote:

You *lose* either half, 3/4 or even a full thingy (can't say for sure as I have stopped losing them now) for every post with the words P****T/P****TS in them!

Thank goodness. Good call, MacHeist.

Steam | Xfire | Twitter

March 31, 2009 12:42 pm
magebarf

magebarf

Tinkerer

from Stockholm - Sweden
17 posts

So... Not discussing them makes us gain them more... That's good to know. smile

Hobbely bobbely buff!

March 31, 2009 4:03 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

from Las Vegas, USA Earth Milky Way
1,075 posts

Who knew... how to we reach the hundreds of Oranges with zero scores?

www.usheroes.us Pray for Peace. Go Orange!

March 31, 2009 4:07 pm
Masque

Masque

Tinkerer

16 posts

I'd imagine you PM them.

Got my referrals the old-fashioned way!

March 31, 2009 4:11 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

1,075 posts

Masque wrote:

I'd imagine you PM them.

Yes but every time I do, I loose "precious cargo"; as many as four a day.  So I stopped.

March 31, 2009 5:38 pm
vortigern

vortigern

Automaton Tech

from Cymru
289 posts

Are you using the P-word in the messages? I have to admit to giving up on that once the bundle went on sale.

'sdim ots!

March 31, 2009 6:11 pm
techmom

techmom

Big Game Hunter

from Charm City Hon!
625 posts

I believe 'any' PMs lose points. I lost points talking to forum members about a user heist, planning the userheist, trading apps, and talking to newbies in general. As many as 14 one day. So I don't think it matters what you PM. Because of this I went from about 60 to off the 1st 100.

So if you PM newbies you will lose a few - and the team will gain a lot. Probably worth it. A blitz could get us past Green if they do missions and nano left, tweetblast and improve profiles etc. Many are just coming to buy a bundle and have no idea what happens here.

So probably worth it but you should expect to lose a few points in the process.

Hey I love you all! See you on the forums or Chat or next year!

IT Contract Recruiter job wanted. Can work anywhere.

March 31, 2009 6:21 pm
murlyn

murlyn

Automaton Tech

from Washington
244 posts

DillonLarson wrote:

I have earned 1 point since the bundle release...

murlyn wrote:

Do you mean macheist.com/welcome? smile

Heh yeah i meant macheist.com/welcome whoops! Yeah I only got one point yesterday.. not sure how I got the one point though.. can't catch up if I just get one point a day!  Im still holding out that the points mean something for when the bundle is finished.  I wonder if they will extend the bundle... hmm.

Oh and green seems to be frequently the chat system way more than our team.

March 31, 2009 9:26 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

1,075 posts

Today is the first day I have gotten some loving from the PFairy in days... I think is was from forum posting.

March 31, 2009 10:14 pm
MacGizmo

MacGizmo

Automaton Tech

from In your closet
318 posts

Haven't seen additional "cargo" since my previous post

The Graphic Mac for all things Apple, Adobe, Design and the Internet.

April 1, 2009 1:55 am
CowTurtle-1

CowTurtle-1

Automaton Tech

from San Diego
159 posts

For me it seems like I receive 1 point for every two or three posts since the announcement of the bundle. Nothing else seems to generate points.

<--- Irony?

April 1, 2009 4:23 am
msalter

msalter

Gearhead

from N.E. Georgia
89 posts

Got CMR and Shadedjon's user heist app. opened and registered both and now have gotten 2 point bumps today! big_smile Happy camper here PF mwah!

Official Orange Team Juicer!

April 1, 2009 5:48 am
murlyn

murlyn

Automaton Tech

from Washington
244 posts

Well I got over 20 points yesterday so it does look like things are still going on that front.  We're still 90k points behind though.. Remember to go in the chat also! smile

April 1, 2009 7:07 pm
tayker

tayker

Gearhead

from Fredericksburg, VA
75 posts

I didn't even know I had messages. However, I earned some a lot of points today by doing older/expired missions. I still received loot for one. I went from 600+ to 1000+ today.

Throwing hand grenades at ninjas

April 1, 2009 8:05 pm
vortigern

vortigern

Automaton Tech

from Cymru
289 posts

tayker wrote:

I didn't even know I had messages. However, I earned some a lot of points today by doing older/expired missions. I still received loot for one. I went from 600+ to 1000+ today.

Well done! That is a huge increase and most of us are lucky to rise by 2 or 3 a day now. If every member at your level did the same it would help hugely.

'sdim ots!

April 1, 2009 8:27 pm
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

1,075 posts

I loose points if someone PMs me with just a question about anything at all.  This is scary.

April 2, 2009 2:44 am
murlyn

murlyn

Automaton Tech

from Washington
244 posts

I earned about 25 points yesterday.. so far none today.

April 2, 2009 6:07 am
Seshan

Seshan

Automaton Tech

195 posts

I am gaining almost no "P's" and I'm posting a decent amount.

Wooooo!

April 2, 2009 7:06 am
tayker

tayker

Gearhead

from Fredericksburg, VA
75 posts

Finally broke 8 mil.

Throwing hand grenades at ninjas

April 2, 2009 5:13 pm
murlyn

murlyn

Automaton Tech

from Washington
244 posts

Well I got -1 point yesterday, so someone else must have got us to 8mil! wink

April 2, 2009 7:46 pm
awesomerobot

awesomerobot

Tinkerer

36 posts

Maybe we'll still be awarded for second place? Would be funny if they meant nothing tongue

Purchase via my referral - I still need 1 as of 4/5
http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/180503/

April 3, 2009 7:19 pm
Feathers

Feathers

Automaton Tech

from Antarctica
416 posts

At the current time, points appear to be frozen. I have not seen any change on the welcome page in a few hours!

Insert signature here.

April 5, 2009 2:06 am
murlyn

murlyn

Automaton Tech

from Washington
244 posts

Feathers wrote:

At the current time, points appear to be frozen. I have not seen any change on the welcome page in a few hours!

Yeah I was noticing the same thing... Wonder what it was all about.

April 5, 2009 4:02 am
ne0

ne0

Automaton Tech

from 127.0.0.1
328 posts

havnt got an increase since ... well... ages!

I havnt kept track very closely but it appears I've had no increase since the last mission and even then it was a fairly measly amount!

TTL Points: 2392

Team Orange!
twitter | digg | site

April 5, 2009 8:49 am
gungadin

gungadin

Automaton Tech

from Around the Puget Sound
158 posts

Anybody know if it is OK to change your avatar now? Mine sucks I know. I keep posting and changing stuff in hopes of Orange overtaking Green. Beats me why but I figure that somehow it will be tied to NEW and more GLORIOUS Apps that only the WINNERS will get!

Or not.

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning." Douglas Adams

April 6, 2009 12:02 pm
techmom

techmom

Big Game Hunter

from Charm City Hon!
625 posts

You may change your avatar when you wish. I believe there were a few people who were requested to keep theirs. But I don't think it applies to the rest of us. Many people have changed theirs over time.

Hey I love you all! See you on the forums or Chat or next year!

IT Contract Recruiter job wanted. Can work anywhere.

April 6, 2009 12:29 pm
MacHeist Forums » Team HQ » Still earning points

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?