Forums

Stuffit Deluxe Support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » Stuffit Deluxe Support

The Assist

Assistant

from Cloud City
104 posts

Post your questions about Stuffit Deluxe here, or go to the Developer’s Site.

October 30, 2015 3:05 pm
Ten

Ten

Gearhead

75 posts

Hi,
StuffIt Deluxe required an update. I downloaded it but when I launch the application after download + install, it still tells me that the application is outdated and needs to be updated .... .sounds like a loop

November 10, 2015 10:18 pm
ericsw

ericsw

Urchin

from Virginia
2 posts

I'm experiencing the same update loop. It wants to update to 16.0.4, and has you register the software and checkout the update on the SM website, but then downloads a version that MAY be 16.0.4, but acts like version 16, prompting you to update it. I have not version update troubles like that from an app in a very long time.

At least we have a working copy of Stuffit, while Smith Micro's other software offering in this deal, Poser Debut, cannot be downloaded at all.

November 10, 2015 10:23 pm

sdaz

Urchin

1 posts

Yup, same loop. Keeps saying a new update is available even though I've already updated.

November 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Batshua

Urchin

1 posts

I'm getting "error validating serial number".

November 17, 2015 2:08 am
sadyhr

sadyhr

Urchin

from Denmark
3 posts

Hi

I've just realized, that my antivirus ClamXav reports three viruses in the  StuffIt application:

File Name    Infection Name
StuffIt Archive Manager.app    Win.Adware.Softpulse-223

StuffIt Archive Manager.app/Contents/Frameworks/StuffIt.framework/Versions/B/Resources/[self]sitx.exe    Win.Adware.Softpulse-223

StuffIt Destinations.app    Win.Adware.Softpulse-223   

Am I the only one having problems, so I could rest assure, that they are false positives?

/Sebastian - Mac, Newton, Exakta cameras (Ihagee) - Trains 1:87 ,)

November 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Marcus Wigan

Urchin

1 posts

My download of the Hall of Fame budle got corrupted, and I changed machines so need to reinstall- and I can find a working copy of my hall of fame downloads now! Stuffit de Luxe is the my primary concern. the download buiton doesnt help this time! Can you help please?

January 3, 2018 3:24 am
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » Stuffit Deluxe Support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?