Forums

How do you get a dog's pee smell out of carpet?

MacHeist Forums » The Lounge » How do you get a dog's pee smell out of carpet?
Mooey

Mooey

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
215 posts

I've been trying to potty train my pup for the past two weeks, but there are occasional accidents on the carpet and once on the couch.

How do you dog owners deal with this? Cleaning solutions, carpet cleaners, etc?

Show some Dropbox love

February 17, 2009 1:50 am
Canisreevus

Canisreevus

Automaton Tech

from Flowood, MS
433 posts

Petzyme!  It works wonders.  All you do is soak up the accident with paper towels, spray with Petzyme, and then pat any excess spray.  Simple, quick, and it works.  I get it at PetSmart.

Get DropBox

February 17, 2009 1:53 am
Mooey

Mooey

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
215 posts

Thanks a ton.  I'm going to go get this and a UV bulb to see if I can detect any other areas she may have peed on.

Show some Dropbox love

February 17, 2009 2:07 am

mynameisraj

here you go

wikihow is your friend. google is your best friend. I am your very best friend big_smile

February 17, 2009 2:15 am
melheist

melheist

Sky Pirate

from Atlantis
1,741 posts

CONSISTENCY is the key to potty training (actually all dog training). Have set times to take the dog out. Right after meals, first thing in the morning, things like that. Try to have it at the same time. Do not punish the dog for peeing (as he won't associate it with the action in the way you want and just encourage fear). Also, try to catch him in the act and make a sharp noise like 'ah' to stop him going and immediately take him out to the appropriate area. PRAISE enthusiastically. My latest pup was trained very quickly with consistency. He was the one I was told would be the hardest to train. He was 10 weeks and I had him trained in a week. His litter-mates still hadn't been trained :patting myself on the back:. smile

As for products. You can use, in a pinch, white vinegar and a small amount of dish soap in a bottle of water. If you catch it right away it works great. If not, Nature's Miracle Orange-Oxy Power, is also a very good product. The UV light is a good idea because any you don't catch will draw the dog to go there again.

Hope this is of any help. Congrats on the ball of fur. Yes they are cute... just remember that on those days they drive you crazy. big_smile

Of course I'm a mermaid... what did you think? roll

February 17, 2009 2:47 am
mjweb

mjweb

Sky Pirate

from coast2coast
2,343 posts

Melheist said it all. I was going to suggest a lot of their suggestions.

www.mjweber.com | Flickr

February 17, 2009 3:32 am
yellowhornet

yellowhornet

Automaton Tech

from Bristol
132 posts

Seem to remember baking soda mixed with a little water applied to the carpet should work (just vacuum when dry).

I can't think of anything to say .....
GO PURPLE!!!

February 17, 2009 11:48 am
MattDonnelly

MattDonnelly

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
225 posts

Just use something like detol to kill the bacteria and it should fade

http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/284214
My buddy, the gorilla's name is GRAPE APE
My Twitter

February 17, 2009 12:51 pm
n4thanl

n4thanl

Automaton Tech

from Denver
149 posts

I use a chemical solution from the pet store called "Nature's Miracle". It seems to work.

The blibbet is watching you.
Save The Internet! Click here to find out how!!!
n4thanl@gmail.com
http://whatireadwhatiwrite.blogspot.com/

February 17, 2009 4:15 pm
MintCreation

MintCreation

Sky Pirate

from Daddy Heaven :D
1,478 posts

Get a male cat inside the house and let him pee all around... I am sure you will forget all about dog pee wink

I am not an agent in real life, only on weekends!

February 17, 2009 4:24 pm

mindoverload

Vanish Oxyaction..

February 17, 2009 4:52 pm
macdude18

macdude18

Automaton Tech

288 posts

Resolve it gets stians out of the carpet and freshens it u p

Twitter II Flickr
You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

February 17, 2009 6:41 pm

Jamesjardin247

Urchin

1 posts

Petzyme is great....and having a pet is some responsibility,and it is irritating at times lol
dermatophagiathoracentesisepicanthalfolds

March 2, 2018 12:17 am

MartinLuke12

Urchin

1 posts

Try mixing baking soda , water and dishwashing soap . Put it a big bottle spray . Stir it with a stick , don't shake it . After spraying it to the pee surface, use vacuum cleaner to clean it

User of Talent Management Software to hire exceptional talents and i love it.

March 15, 2018 6:42 am
MacHeist Forums » The Lounge » How do you get a dog's pee smell out of carpet?

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?