Forums

MacBundleStop - September 2011 Bundle

MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » MacBundleStop - September 2011 Bundle

scottw76

Urchin

9 posts

Hi guys and girls, me again.

I've launched my second bundle, 9 apps are involved and Its priced at $39 the apps are:

Web Gallery
Video Converter
PDF Password Remover
Trans POD
PDF To Word
All My Tube
DVD Ripper
Fantashow
MePub

I personally think there quite good apps and complement each other quite well,
My website is www.macbundlestop.com

Many thanks
Scott

September 15, 2011 7:22 pm
Werty

Werty

Automaton Tech

172 posts

The thing I don't get is why there are times when we barely see any bundle and months when there are 5 of them at the same time. It doesn't make any sense for a small company to offer a bundle while bigger competitors are offering theirs.
Who's gonna buy this when MacUpdate, MacLegion and BundleHunt's bundles are up?
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your sale.

Dropbox Referral: get 2,25GB instead of 2GB for free.

If you find any English error in my posts, be so kind to let me know.
I'm not a native speaker and I'm still learning smile

September 15, 2011 8:15 pm
Wupper

Wupper

Automaton Tech

122 posts

Most of the programs are from Wondershare, any experience with this company, and I'll rephrase, all the Programs are from Wondershare

You call it Purple I call it Magenta

September 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Tiny N Tight

Tiny N Tight

Tinkerer

23 posts

Wupper wondershare is a well known spammer and scum bag.

These apps are not worth the time if they were free.

September 15, 2011 9:18 pm
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

473 posts

Werty wrote:

Who's gonna buy this when MacUpdate, MacLegion and BundleHunt's bundles are up?

I dunno...I bought MacLegion and BundleHunt and I'm perfectly willing to buy any compelling bundle out there. However, MacUpdate's and this bundle just don't appeal to me at all. If MacUpdate had thrown in either Parallels or Fusion along with Toast, I would have bought that, too (I know, not likely to happen.)

Anyway, if another great bundle comes along, I'd definitely bite.

Man is a genius when he is dreaming.
- Akira Kurosawa

September 15, 2011 9:19 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

Tiny N Tight wrote:

Wupper wondershare is a well known spammer and scum bag.

These apps are not worth the time if they were free.

Very true.

For those unfamiliar with this these sorts of companies will usually make cheap software (usually utilizing one or more free/open-source tools, like ffmpeg, without giving credit) with a basic GUI, then sell them for far beyond a reasonable price. Ask them about it and they'll usually flatly deny using the libraries while giving you a sad story about how hard it is to do what they did.

The fact that even one of these apps is in this bundle, let alone every single one, is enough to make me question MacBundleStop's business ethics. Before you run a bundle, make sure you know the companies. And regardless, doing a single bundle with all products from one company looks very, very bad.

A nice link with an article covering some of this: http://cl.ly/2C1L

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

September 15, 2011 10:06 pm
mikeyfindlay

mikeyfindlay

Sky Pirate

from Northern California
1,091 posts

This bundle website hurts my eyes.
The colors are so awful its sad.

You've been warned.

MFVISUALS.COM | LAST HONEST TECH BLOG
Gear: 15" MacBook Pro 2012, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nano 6G

September 16, 2011 1:46 am

rdemoulin

Urchin

2 posts

Hi all, I'm Bob DeMoulin from Wondershare and would like to clear the air on a few points.  While it's true that Wondershare did engage in some bad behavior in the past, the company has turned a corner and is producing some very high quality Windows & Mac apps and coming soon some new iOS apps that are very cool.  If you take a look on PC World.com, Lockergnome.com and other well respected media sites you can see Wondershare products are reviewed favorably and we have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers and Millions of positive comments.  Regarding the open source issue; we have in fact released our open source code for those products where open source components were used, please search and see for yourself.  Wondershare is advertising in legitimate media outlets and I'm unaware of any spamming going on now, but if I'm wrong please point it out.  As the new General Manager for Wondershare in the US, I welcome your comments and feedback, and ask you to give the company a fresh look.  Thanks!  Bob

September 17, 2011 3:14 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,771 posts

So what do you call having dozens (or hundreds) of websites, all offering the same products under different names and different prices?

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

September 17, 2011 3:58 am
dadama

dadama

Automaton Tech

from Canada
120 posts

rdemoulin wrote:

we have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers and Millions of positive comments.

those number seem just a tad on the high side wink

September 17, 2011 5:42 am
Tiny N Tight

Tiny N Tight

Tinkerer

23 posts

rdemoulin wrote:

While it's true that Wondershare did engage in some bad behavior in the past, the company has turned a corner

I'm not sure MacWorld would agree with that - http://www.macworld.com/article/153685/ … mmers.html

Are you still spamming their editors for reviews?

September 17, 2011 4:17 pm

rdemoulin

Urchin

2 posts

Me again, that MacWorld article is old news.  Since then we have hired an actual PR agency who is having good success in getting honest-to-goodness editorial reviews.  PC World recently published a review of our MobileGo app and MacWorld is reviewing one of our PDF editing products.  As I said, we've turned an important corner here and spamming is no longer happening.  For photography enthusiasts.....keep an eye out in the iTunes store in the weeks ahead for a very cool new camera app.

September 18, 2011 8:02 am
jthurman9673

jthurman9673

Automaton Tech

from Springfield, MO
136 posts

rdemoulin wrote:

Me again, that MacWorld article is old news.  Since then we have hired an actual PR agency who is having good success in getting honest-to-goodness editorial reviews.  PC World recently published a review of our MobileGo app and MacWorld is reviewing one of our PDF editing products.  As I said, we've turned an important corner here and spamming is no longer happening.  For photography enthusiasts.....keep an eye out in the iTunes store in the weeks ahead for a very cool new camera app.

Please differentiate Wondershare products from iSkySoft products.

September 18, 2011 8:26 am
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

jthurman9673 wrote:
rdemoulin wrote:

Agreed here.
Also, a whois on Wondershare and iSkySoft is very telling. Miah can probably dig up some very useful info there… wink

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."

September 18, 2011 1:58 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,771 posts

jfm429 wrote:
jthurman9673 wrote:
rdemoulin wrote:

Agreed here.
Also, a whois on Wondershare and iSkySoft is very telling. Miah can probably dig up some very useful info there… wink

This is what I was asking before but he chose to not answer it. iSkySoft is just one of dozens of "companies" with the same products as Wondershare. http://oncallnerd.com/blog-spam-hunt/ has a list of many of them, but it hasn't been updated in a while and there are much more now.

Also, the spamming has not stopped. I can attest to it from comments posted on my own website, which is why I never write about Wondershare "deals" anymore.

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

September 18, 2011 4:45 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

For any interested in the whois results of Wondershare and iSkysoft, here are a couple excerpts. Note that Wondershare is the registrant for iSkySoft and it appears they are based in Shenzhen, China. You can confirm this yourself by typing "whois wondershare.com" or "whois iskysoft.com" in your Terminal.

whois wondershare.com
   Domain Name: WONDERSHARE.COM
   Registrar: 35 TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
   Whois Server: whois.35.com
   Referral URL: http://www.35.com
   Name Server: MNS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
   Name Server: MNS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Registrant:
     Wondershare Software chenjj@wondershare.com +86.75586117717
     Wondershare Software
     3/F, Fucheng Hi-Tech Building, Gaoxin Ave.1.S.Nanshan District
     SHENZHEN,GD,CN 518057
Administrator:
     name:(Wondershare Software)
    Email:(chenjj@wondershare.com) tel-- +86.75586117717
     Wondershare Software
     3/F, Fucheng Hi-Tech Building, Gaoxin Ave.1.S.Nanshan District
\r
t SHENZHEN
GD,
CN
whois iskysoft.com

Domain Name: ISKYSOFT.COM
   Registrar: 35 TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
   Whois Server: whois.35.com
   Referral URL: http://www.35.com
   Name Server: MNS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
   Name Server: MNS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Registrant:
     Wondershare Software chenjj@wondershare.cn +86.75526038199
     Wondershare Software
     High Tech Industry Park
     SHENZHEN,Guangdong,CN 518000
Administrator:
     name: Tobee Wu
 mail: tobee@wondershare.cn tel: +86.75526038199
     org: Wondershare Software

address: High Tech Industry Park
     city: SHENZHEN
,province: Guangdong
,country: CN

September 18, 2011 5:13 pm
Bob Nahasapeemapetilon

Bob Nahasapeemapetilon

Sky Pirate

1,889 posts

Wondershare = unethical spammers

I would avoid any bundle containing their products.

Look Ma, no teeth!

September 18, 2011 9:25 pm

janicewalker

Urchin

2 posts

Most of the programs are from Wondershare, any experience with this company, and I'll rephrase, all the Programs are from Wondershare
soundcloud to mp3

August 15, 2018 6:23 am
MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » MacBundleStop - September 2011 Bundle

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?